Temporary Secretary : New Jersey, New York
New Jersey Education Association
Based in the UniServ Region 19 (West New York) and the Region 20 (Jersey City) Offices
NJEA announces a vacancy for a TEMPORARY Secretary in the UniServ Region 19 (West New York) and the Region 20 (Jersey City) Offices.
NEW JERSEY EDUCATION ASSOCIATION
180 West State Street
Trenton NJ 08607-1211
COVID-19 Considerations: NJEA has developed a detailed set of safety protocols in connection with the return to in-person employment, including that all new hires must be fully COVID-19 vaccinated or willing to be fully COVID-19 vaccinated including up-to-date with booster prior to the start of employment.
This temporary position will be until August 31, 2024.
Under the supervision of the regional office administrative assistant and/or a UniServ field representative shall perform clerical work and assist in the orderly and efficient operation of the UniServ regional office general office functions; performs related work as required.
- Assist in the orderly and efficient operation of the UniServ regional office.
- Assist with office telephone coverage and other communication with members and visitors.
- Use modern office equipment (e.g. computer, fax, etc.) to prepare correspondence, reports, fliers, and other materials.
- Assist with outgoing correspondence, memos and weekly/monthly reports, briefs, mass mailings.
- Maintain files.
- Open, date, and sort incoming mail.
- Assist with arrangements and prepare materials for meetings, conferences, and workshops.
- Assist with preparation of local association proposals, contracts, or salary rationales.
- Assist with updating local leader address/telephone information.
- Assist with scheduling use of UniServ office, including individual pension consultations, meetings, etc.
- Expedite NJEA/NEA materials as requests are received from local associations.
- Assist with consultants’ records, reports, etc.
- Perform such other tasks as may be required from time to time.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES:
- Knowledge of computers, modern office methods, practices, routines, machines/computers, and equipment.
- Ability to accurately take and transcribe *dictation at 60 words per minute and to transcribe the notes.
- Ability to type from varied types of copies accurately and neatly.
- Ability to use correct grammar, punctuation, and to spell correctly.
*PLEASE NOTE: Shorthand requirement has been waived.
QUALIFICATIONS, TRAINING, AND EXPERIENCE:
This position is at the entrance level.
As per negotiated agreement
The deadline to send letter of interest and résumé via email at email@example.com is October 10, 2023. Completed applications are due by October 24, 2023. An application will be forwarded for completion based upon review of the submitted résumé.
NJEA is an Equal Opportunity Employer and Prohibits Discrimination and Harassment of any kind. All aspects of employment decisions including but not limited to the application process, the decision to hire, promote, discipline or discharge without regards to race, creed, color, national origin, ancestry, age, marital status, civil union status, domestic partnership status, affectional or sexual orientation, genetic information, pregnancy or breastfeeding, sex, gender identity or expression, disability or atypical hereditary cellular or blood trait of any individual, or because of the liability for service in the Armed Forces of the United States or the nationality of any individual.
WHEN APPLYING: Be sure to indicate that you saw this information at UNIONJOBS.COM.
Job Posting Courtesy of UnionJobs.com