Administrative Assistant : New Jersey
New Jersey Education Association
Based in Trenton, NJ
NJEA announces a vacancy for an Administrative Assistant in the Business Division.
NEW JERSEY EDUCATION ASSOCIATION
180 West State Street
Trenton NJ 08607-1211
COVID-19 Considerations: NJEA has developed a detailed set of safety protocols in connection with the return to in-person employment, including that all new hires must be fully COVID-19 vaccinated or willing to be fully COVID-19 vaccinated including up-to-date with boosters prior to the start of employment.
Under the direction of a management employee or their designee carries out assignments varied in nature, requiring expertise in all secretarial and clerical skills as well as a thorough knowledge of the regulations, policies, and procedures of the Association. This position requires frequent exercise of independent judgment and the ability to coordinate activities among a variety of individuals. The position is responsible for other related work as required.
- Assists supervisor with office detail and acts as their secretary.
- Performs all secretarial functions including dictation, typing, filing, mail distribution, etc.
- Organizes/distributes the work performed by associate staff members and gives instructions to individuals and groups.
- Prepares correspondence and other written materials which may not be reviewed by a supervisor.
- Receives and places phone calls, answers telephone inquiries, interviews callers, and schedules appointments.
- Coordinates and controls the ordering and storage of office supplies.
- Maintains all necessary records and files.
- Other related duties.
QUALIFICATIONS, TRAINING AND EXPERIENCE:
Successful completion of a two-year college level program in secretarial science and two years’ experience working in a modern office environment or successful completion of high school and a minimum of four years’ experience working in a modern office environment.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Thorough knowledge of computerized business operations that include Microsoft Word, PowerPoint, Excel and other related/named software packages.
- Thorough knowledge and command of approved English usage, correct spelling, and sentence structure using proper punctuation and grammar.
- Ability to comprehend and interpret regulations and policies and apply them to specific situations in accordance with established procedures.
- Ability to receive and give assignments with instructions to individuals and groups of support staff.
- Ability to exercise mature judgment and function independently with minimal direction.
- Ability to take * shorthand at 90 words per minute or to transcribe dictation which has been recorded.
As per negotiated agreement
The deadline to send letter of interest and résumé via email at firstname.lastname@example.org is December 5, 2023. Completed applications are due by December 19, 2023. An application will be forwarded for completion based upon review of the submitted résumé.
NJEA is an Equal Opportunity Employer and Prohibits Discrimination and Harassment of any kind. All aspects of employment decisions including but not limited to the application process, the decision to hire, promote, discipline or discharge without regards to race, creed, color, national origin, ancestry, age, marital status, civil union status, domestic partnership status, affectional or sexual orientation, genetic information, pregnancy or breastfeeding, sex, gender identity or expression, disability or atypical hereditary cellular or blood trait of any individual, or because of the liability for service in the Armed Forces of the United States or the nationality of any individual.
WHEN APPLYING: Be sure to indicate that you saw this information at UNIONJOBS.COM.
Job Posting Courtesy of UnionJobs.com