Public Sector Labor Representative : California
LiUNA Local 777
Laborers’ International Union of North America
Public Sector Labor Representative
Based in Riverside County, CA
The Laborers International Union of North America, Local 777 represents 10,000 public employees working in 14 different public agencies throughout Southern California and Phoenix, AZ. Our offices are in Phoenix and Riverside.
Local 777 is seeking a qualified candidate to work as a Labor Relations Representative specializing in labor representation of public employees. The position will be based in our Riverside, CA office.
KEY JOB RESPONSIBILITIES
- Candidate must have the skills and the interests of working with people to resolve work-site issues.
- Represent individual members in the grievance procedure, disciplinary matters, work-site issues, workplace investigations and depending on your interest and experience, negotiations, hearings and arbitrations.
- Other duties as assigned.
- This position requires a strong background in advocacy and organizing on issues.
- An understanding of public sector employment and labor is strongly preferred.
- Ability to adapt to the sometimes-unpredictable needs of the organization and our membership.
- Ability to work with a widely divergent range of people.
- The ideal candidate will possess excellent communication skills
- Valid driver’s license required.
Salary: Local 777 offers a generous compensation package, which includes: competitive salary ($65,000 – $120,000) negotiable depending on experience. Full health benefits, a defined benefit pension, as well as a 401K plan, a union provided-vehicle and gas card and repairs for the vehicle, paid Holidays, and Vacation accrual up to 6 weeks earned after employee has been with 777 for a certain time. This is an excellent opportunity for an experienced Labor Representative, someone with a couple of years of experience with Labor who seeks a challenging position, an H.R. professional or individuals who wish to put a law degree or paralegal degree to work for benefit of working people.
Email résumé and cover letter as well as salary request to: Victor@LIUNA777.org and CC Sherena@LIUNA777.org
WHEN APPLYING: Be sure to indicate that you saw this information at UNIONJOBS.COM.
Job Posting Courtesy of UnionJobs.com