Union Resource Center Coordinator : California
SEIU Local 1000
Union Resource Center Coordinator
Based in Oakland, CA
SEIU Local 1000 is a public sector union with 96,000 professionally and geographically diverse members. Our mission is to engage, mobilize, and represent our members. We’re searching for a Union Resource Center Coordinator in the Oakland, CA area.
The Coordinator supervises Union Representatives for members seeking advice or representation. Representatives manage inquiries by advising on contract administration, State Personnel Board and other administrative rules, and providing assistance or referring persons to other staff within the Local union.
- Supervises, plans and schedules assignments for Union Representatives involved in administrative proceedings and hearings of State employees
- Supervises conduct of investigations, including preparation of briefs, exhibits or preparation of witnesses
- Mentors, assists and evaluates employees
- Ensures the operation of the Union Resource Center is responsive and efficient
- Acts as liaison with Local Union leaders and key staff
- Advises or influences members, stewards, officials and staff
- Trains Union Representatives in interpreting contract language, policies, procedures and in providing excellent customer service
- Creates a team environment
- Organizes, manages databases and case documents
- Other duties as assigned
- 5 years experience
- Strong facilitation, conflict resolution, and investigative skills
- Familiarity with labor law, collective bargaining
- Knowledge of employment policies, practices and procedures
- Excellent team-building, interpersonal and communications skills
- Experience with Microsoft office and database functions and management
- A Bachelors Degree in a related field
- Ability to travel occasionally
Salary: Ranging from $7,500 to $10,731 monthly.
How to Apply:
CLICK BELOW to submit your information including a cover letter and résumé:
Cover letters should describe your qualifications, experience and career goals, as well as a brief description of why you want to work to realize Local 1000’s vision for building a strong union.
SEIU is committed to building a diverse workforce.
We offer excellent benefits, including fully paid health benefits for employee and family, liberal paid time off and competitive salary. All applicants must be able to furnish proof of authorization to work in the United States.
WHEN APPLYING: Be sure to indicate that you saw this information at UNIONJOBS.COM.
Job Posting Courtesy of UnionJobs.com