Organizer : West Virginia
Laborers’ Mid-Atlantic Regional Organizing Coalition
Based in Morgantown, WV
The LIUNA Mid-Atlantic Regional Organizing Coalition of the Laborers’ International Union of North America (LiUNA!), the premier union in the building trades, is seeking a dedicated and creative Organizer to help our union organizing campaigns.
LiUNA! Mid-Atlantic is dedicated to providing family-sustaining wages and benefits to working families. For more than 100 years, LiUNA! has worked hard to build and serve America, as well as to preserve and increase living standards, respect, and safety for our members. Please apply today and join a dynamic and dedicated team fighting for working families.
KEY JOB RESPONSIBILITIES
- Conducting broad and intensive outreach efforts to low-wage workers.
- Building one-on-one relationships with workers.
- Identifying and developing leaders to guide and lead campaigns.
- Conducting individual/group meetings with workers to discuss and plan organizing campaigns.
- Motivating individual workers and groups of workers to take action.
- Engaging workers in broader union efforts to bring pressure to bear on industry sectors.
- Coordinating with workers to gather information that is useful in identifying opportunities for membership growth and mobilization.
- Working to involve community allies in organizing campaigns.
- Other duties as assigned
- Bilingual (Spanish) is desirable.
- A car and a valid driver’s license are required.
- Willingness to work long and irregular hours, including nights and weekends.
- Willingness to conduct house visits and site visits.
- Previous experience in union or community organizing is desirable.
- Knowledge of the construction industry is desirable.
Salary: Commensurate with experience; all qualified candidates are strongly encouraged to apply; Competitive Benefit Package Included.
To Apply: Email résumé and cover letter to: email@example.com.
WHEN APPLYING: Be sure to indicate that you saw this information at UNIONJOBS.COM.
Job Posting Courtesy of UnionJobs.com