Canvassers – Fight for $15 and a Union Campaign : California
National Fast Food Workers Union
Fight for $15 and a Union Campaign
Based in San Diego, Los Angeles, San Jose, Oakland and Sacramento, CA
Salary: $22/hr. / $600 Monthly Car allowance when driving / $100 Monthly cell phone allowance
Locations: San Diego, Los Angeles, San Jose, Oakland, and Sacramento
Start Date: Immediately
Employment Type: Full Time, Flexible
Summary: Do you want to make a difference working for economic and social justice? The Fight for $15 helped establish the higher minimum wage in California and put millions of dollars into workers’ pockets. The fight will not end until workers have a voice on the job. For the past several years, fast food workers across the state have been standing up for justice and dignity at their job. You can organize alongside fast food workers help them build power in a 200 billion dollar industry.
About SEIU NFFWU
SEIU National Fast Food Workers Union (NFFWU) is working to expand the movement and deepen the successful fights to raise employment standards and unite workers in organizing their union in the fast food industry through national, state and community campaigns.
SEIU NFFWU is affiliated with the Service Employees International Union (SEIU), which has more than 2 million members in the US, Canada and Puerto Rico. NFFWU is united with those 2.2 million members in a shared belief in the dignity of workers and the value of their work, and in a commitment to a more just and humane society.
Main Function: To identify and sign up workers in the workplace and greater community. This includes engaging workers at or near their workplace, areas of public transit, and in the community.
The ideal candidate will be:
- Passionate about economic and social justice.
- Bilingual speaking ability (English and Spanish) preferred but not mandatory. Monolingual Spanish are encouraged to apply!
- Ability to engage and inspire people regardless of religion, race, gender, sexual orientation, age, language, class and/or experiences. A valid driver’s license, working vehicle, and ability to drive.
- Ability to engage workers regardless of race, age, ability, and gender.
- This position is a full-time, temporary position with the potential to extend.
Benefits: This position accrues no benefits.
SEIU NFFWU is an Equal Opportunity employer that values and respects the diversity of its staff. Women and people of color are encouraged to apply.
WHEN APPLYING: Be sure to indicate that you saw this information at UNIONJOBS.COM.
Job Posting Courtesy of UnionJobs.com