Tech Aid 1 : District of Columbia
United Automobile, Aerospace & Agricultural Implement
Workers of America International Union
Tech Aid 1
Based in Washington, DC
Position: Tech Aid 1
Location: Washington, D.C.
Status: Full Time Employee
Date: July 5, 2022
ABOUT US: The UAW, a non-profit organization, is one of the largest and most diverse labor unions in North America with over 1 million active and retired members. Headquartered in Detroit, the UAW has regional offices and hundreds of local unions across the United States. UAW – represented workplaces include multi-national corporations, small manufacturers, state and local governments, colleges and universities, hospitals and private non-profit organizations. The UAW is an equal opportunity employer.
POSITION DESCRIPTION: The UAW’s International Affairs Department (Washington, DC), is seeking an individual to provide administrative and clerical support to the International Affairs Department and the UAW’s National Community Action Program (CAP). The candidate must be able to perform in a fast-paced working environment. This position requires experience using Microsoft Office (PPT, Word, Excel, Outlook) and other database platforms; foreign language skills are valued but not required. Attention to detail and professionalism are a MUST; understanding of and an interest in international affairs and social justice is a plus.
Key duties of this position include:
- Answer and direct phone calls for the International Affairs Director and Washington Office staff
- Produce and distribute correspondence, memo’s, letters, and reports
- Organize and schedule appointments, meetings, and conference calls
- File reimbursements and expenses. Book travel for the department
- Develop and maintain up-to-date filing systems
- Carry out administrative duties such as filing, copying, binding, scanning etc.
- Check and distribute daily mail
- Respond to emails in a timely manner
- Manage and track contribution requests for political and non-profit organizations
- Track, update and monitor member-driven fundraising
- Assist with logistics regarding international travel and conferences abroad as well as hosting international guests here in the U.S.
- Assist in CAP Conference planning logistics
JOB REQUIREMENTS (EDUCATION/SKILLS/EXPERIENCE):
- Must have exceptional attention to detail
- Strong editing skills
- Excellent time management skills and ability to multi-task and prioritize work
- Strong organizational and planning skills
- College education preferred
- Excellent written and verbal communication and leadership skills are a must.
- Proficient in MS Office Systems including Word, Excel, PPT
- Knowledge of relevant software applications
- Proficient in the use of email and internet
- Proficient keyboard skills
- Knowledge of administrative procedures
- Knowledge of basic accounting procedures
ADDITIONAL SKILLS DESIRED (Not Required):
- Foreign language skills
- Interest in international affairs and social justice causes
Competitive wages and comprehensive benefits package including medical, dental, vision and prescription coverage; long- and short-term disability, parental and other leaves of absence, unpaid leaves, paid vacation and sick days; 401(k), and retirement plan.
Email your résumé and cover letter to Kristyne Peter at: email@example.com. No phone inquiries please.
WHEN APPLYING: Be sure to indicate that you saw this information at UNIONJOBS.COM.
Job Posting Courtesy of UnionJobs.com