Staff Representative – AFT-WV/Professional Educators Group (PEG) Project : West Virginia
AFT West Virginia
AFT-WV/Professional Educators Group (PEG) Project
Based in Charleston, WV
Salary: Competitive with benefits
- Paid Vacation
- Travel Expenses
- Sick Leave
- Dental/Vision/Medical/Life Insurance
- Grievance Handling
- Assistance to locals
- Professional issues development
- General service work normal to staff within AFT-WV
- Member advocacy and engagement
- Substantial understanding of AFT and AFT-WV philosophy
- Ability to meet deadlines; give and receive feedback relevant to the duties assigned
- Ability to set goals and assess outcomes
- Strong computer and oral/written communication skills
The Staff Representative will be an employee of AFT-WV/Professional Educators Group (PEG) Project. This individual will be answerable to the AFT-WV President and National Representative assigned to WV. He/she will be expected to perform all duties assigned. This position will primarily focus on recruiting and organizing activities. The Staff Representative will be required to do extensive traveling within the State of West Virginia and occasional travel outside of West Virginia, therefore spending nights away from home. Applicants should be willing to relocate, if necessary.
The first year of employment should be considered probationary.
Applicants should apply, in writing, no later than 5:00 p.m. on April 9, 2021. Interviews will be scheduled shortly thereafter. Please submit a cover letter, résumé, and references to:
WHEN APPLYING: Be sure to indicate that you saw this information at UNIONJOBS.COM.
Job Posting Courtesy of UnionJobs.com