Political Director : California
South Bay AFL-CIO Labor Council
Based in San Jose, CA
The South Bay Labor Council is seeking an experienced political professional to serve as Political Director. The ideal candidate for this position will have substantial experience in electoral politics as well as excellent communication and analytical skills. We are seeking to hire for this position immediately, and the candidate will be expected to quickly begin advancing the Labor Council’s priorities for the 2022 elections, including helping to develop field and communication strategies for several important campaigns.
This position will also involve substantial writing and policy work. The ideal candidate will be able to apply their strong communications and analytical skills towards crafting and executing the Labor Council’s electoral and policy priorities.
- Serve as a principal strategist and field coordinator for the Council’s electoral and policy campaigns.
- Coordinate and execute the Council’s political and policy priorities.
- Oversee affiliate and member volunteer recruitment and training.
- Draft and edit communications copy (e.g., blogs, social media posts, member stories, lobby materials, flyers, etc.).
- Collaborate with unions and their members on engagement, especially related to efforts related to political education and activism.
- Other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
- Five or more years of political and campaign experience (including electoral campaigns, government, policy advocacy, research, etc.).
- Demonstrated ability to plan and organize multiple campaigns and projects simultaneously in a high-pressure environment requiring rapid adjustment to changing priorities, strategies, and deadlines.
- Sophisticated knowledge of legal, political, economic, and industry forces that impact organizing campaigns.
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills and proven ability to effectively communicate with diverse audiences.
- A commitment to the labor movement and to advancing social justice.
- An ability to work in a demanding, fast-paced environment, including flexibility on nights and weekends.
- Fluency in a second language is desired.
This position offers a competitive package of salary and benefits. The annual salary range is between $80,000 – $100,000 depending on experience.
Qualified applicants should email email@example.com with a résumé, three references, and two writing samples.
WHEN APPLYING: Be sure to indicate that you saw this information at UNIONJOBS.COM.
Job Posting Courtesy of UnionJobs.com