Regulatory/Policy Specialist : California
National Nurses United
Based in the San Francisco Bay Area, CA
National Nurses United (NNU), the nation’s largest nurses’ union and professional association, seeks a committed professional who has successfully helped develop politically progressive policies for the position of Regulatory/Policy Specialist in the Oakland-based Health Policy Department.
NNU is the premiere organization of registered nurses and one of the nation’s fastest growing labor and professional organizations in the U.S., and a strong, progressive voice for nurses, patients, and healthcare workers around the world. We are seeking a like-minded and experienced professional who believes in our mission with a personal dedication to social justice issues to be our Regulatory/Policy Specialist. Key policy areas include Registered Nurse licensure and scope of practice, Medicare for All, public health and patient advocacy, health care equity, and health care delivery and payment systems.
We will help the right person making a long-term commitment learn more about health care and nursing regulations.
- Interpret and assess proposed legislation and government agency regulations for potential impact on Registered Nurses, public health, and health care policy
- Submit regulatory comments on complex health policy issues
- Make presentations on the effects of regulations, legislation, and policy
- Monitor government agencies and regulatory bodies daily
- Develop policy positions, testimony, talking points, and lobbying materials
- Help develop NNU’s response to legislative and regulatory issues
- Prepare reports on regulatory issues and activities for members, leaders, and staff
- Share the values and mission of the organization
- Bachelor’s degree (law degree a plus)
- Experience in regulatory/policy advocacy
- Demonstrated written and analytical skills
- Demonstrated commitment to social and economic justice
- Ability to work as part of a team
- Experience juggling competing demands and changing priorities on a deadline
- Track record of working the hours required to be successful at creating change
- Understanding how regulatory agencies and commissions work
- Experience in health policy issues
- Three years’ experience working in a position requiring judgment and confidentiality
- Firsthand experience in helping to draft effective legislation, regulations, and policies
NNU provides a very competitive salary and benefit package including full family and domestic partner coverage, medical, dental, pension and 401(k).
Please provide the following:
- A current résumé reflecting qualifications for this position
- A Letter of Application which specifically addresses how accomplishments in your career have prepared you for this position.
- Be sure to fill out the one-page form
NNU is committed to Equal Opportunity and to considering applicants of all ages, races, sexual orientations, national origins, ethnicities, and religions. We encourage people from diverse backgrounds and experiences related to our core organizational values and objectives to apply.
WHEN APPLYING: Be sure to indicate that you saw this information at UNIONJOBS.COM.
Job Posting Courtesy of UnionJobs.com