Chief of Talent and Operations : California
SEIU Local 521
Chief of Talent and Operations
Based within the SEIU 521 jurisdiction
SEIU Local 521 was founded in 2007 when 5 local unions came together in the Bay Area, Central Coast and Central Valley to form one larger, more powerful union. Together our members are building a true 21st century union fighting to empower and improve the lives of our members. We represent over 50,000 public service workers in cities, counties, courts, schools, private non-profits, special districts, and public health care.
AT SEIU LOCAL 521: Our mission is to provide our members with a voice in the workplace, in their union and in the larger community. Through our actions, we intend to create a more just and humane society. We are committed to protecting and improving the lives of workers and their families. We will work to improve and protect the services we provide to our communities. We believe that by working together as a united front, we can win better contracts and build industry power in our region.
Chief of Talent and Operations is a core member of the Union’s executive team. The Chief of Talent & Operations provides expertise in human resources, organizational strategy, leadership, information technology, and operations, and a has proven track record fighting for social justice and workers’ rights. The Chief of Talent & Operations is accountable for driving and expanding the Union’s efforts to make this vibrant organization a fantastic place to work, grow, and thrive.
RESPONSIBILITY: The Chief of Talent & Operations at SEIU Local 521 drives all aspects of the Union’s talent and operations functions.
- Partner with the Chief Elected Officer and the rest of the executive team, as well as staff Directors to manage overall success of the Union
- Build relationships to deeply understand the role and needs of each department
- Spearhead recruitment and retention strategies to foster a dedicated, high quality, and diverse staff throughout the organization
- Lead teams and coordinating with key stakeholders to incorporate meaningful organizational equity and inclusion programs and ongoing staff development
- Ensure organizational compliance with all existing CBAs, and local, state, and federal laws
- Develop and maintain a comprehensive union-wide onboarding and orientation program
- Oversee all aspects of human resources administration
- Payroll & benefits administration in coordination with the SEIU 521 Finance Director
- Harassment and discrimination claims management
- Training and staff/management development
- Collective bargaining with SEIU 521 employee representatives, including grievance process
- Policy drafting and implementation
- FMLA administration
- Personnel file management
- Legal compliance with respect to Human Resource Administration
- Employee evaluations oversight
- Develop and maintain major HR, Facilities, and Operations vendor relationships and contract negotiation
- Oversight and management of the physical plants and leases of the local union offices
- Maintenance of union files, archives and records, on-site and off-site, with a focus on moving towards a paperless environment
- Supervise all IT functions and projects of the Union, utilizing both internal staff and external vendors
- Create, implement, and oversee union-wide Operations Workgroup to coordinate the work of administrative staff and processes
- Supervise the development and maintenance of office and information technology systems, including facilitating or coordinating staff training with outside services
- Liaison with International and sister local union partners as appropriate and needed
- Other responsibilities/duties as determined by the Chief Elected Officer
- Shared unity of purpose
- Openness to questions and willingness to learn
- Acting with the courage of our convictions
- Working together with accountability
- Commitment to equity and inclusion
- Servant leadership as a value
- 10+ years senior human resources/talent leadership experience
- 8+ years senior facilities, leases, vendor, operations, and IT leadership experience
- Deep understanding of human resource laws and requirements
- Proven ability to develop and facilitate orientations and workshops
- Proven ability to lead people and projects
- Clear, strategic thinking, planning, and coordination
- Ability to unite a diverse leadership and staff in a large geographic area – 7 Regional Offices
- Proven leader and supervisor, capable of building high performing, collaborative, teams, and motivating and developing staff
- Skillful in systems development and project management
- Expertise in organizational and department budgeting and forecasting
- Exercises high level of autonomous decision making and problem-solving skills
- Exemplary proficiency in interpersonal communication, listening, conflict resolution, and organizing persuasion with members, staff and allies
- Experience in collective bargaining and contract administration
- Past experience in labor union or similar progressive non-profit environment is a strong preference
JOB DEMANDS: Salaried position, long and irregular hours, frequent travel, and overnight stays; occasional participation in special campaigns that require longer term travel and overnight stays; must have a driver’s license and a vehicle.
REQUIREMENTS: Demonstrated commitment to the mission and values of SEIU Local 521. Must possess a valid California driver’s license; must pass a DMV check and have a good driving record; must have auto insurance that covers business driving (minimum of $100,000 per person/$300,000 per incident bodily injury liability/$100,000 property coverage); and must possess an automobile for business use.
COMPENSATION AND BENEFITS: Salary commensurate with experience. SEIU Local 521 employees enjoy top notch benefits including fully employer-paid family health, dental and vision insurance; a generous leave package; fully employer-paid defined benefit pension plan; 401(K); flexible savings accounts for annual health and childcare expenses; $200,000 life insurance plan; and other benefits outlined in the policies of SEIU 521.
TO APPLY: Send email with cover letter and résumé to: email@example.com. Reference Chief of Talent and Operations in subject line.
This position is open until filled; however, the posting/acceptance of applications may close at any time.
AFFIRMATIVE ACTION EMPLOYER
Local 521 is an affirmative action employer and encourage applications from all qualified candidates regardless of race, ethnicity, age, sex, sexual orientation, marital status, religion, or disability. Local 521 works to ensure fair treatment of applicants and employees and actively enforces policies against discrimination and sexual harassment.
WHEN APPLYING: Be sure to indicate that you saw this information at UNIONJOBS.COM.
Job Posting Courtesy of UnionJobs.com