Compliance Agent – Heavy and Highway Fund : California
Operating Engineers Local 3
Heavy and Highway Fund
Based in Fresno, CA
Salary: $2,241.35 per week + benefits; Full-time (M-F)
The Heavy and Highway Fund of Operating Engineers Local Union No. 3 is seeking a forward-thinking, motivated, self-starting individual to carry out the duties in the interest of the organization’s mission to ensure compliance with all applicable state and federal labor laws governing the construction industry.
- Three years background or knowledge of Davis Bacon, California prevailing wage and California labor code.
- Three years background or knowledge of the construction industry (highly preferred).
- Must possess intermediate to advanced computer literacy skills (proficiency in MS Office Suites).
- Must possess a valid driver’s license with a clean driving record.
- Bilingual in Spanish (preferred, but not required).
- Monitor construction projects to ensure compliance with various California laws, including but not limited to state and federal prevailing wage laws, OSHA, etc.
- Review contractors’ certified payroll records and other source documents to determine compliance with the required prevailing wage laws.
- Communicate effectively and tactfully with workers on and off project sites, and obtain affidavits when necessary.
- File formal complaints including detailed cover letters summarizing alleged violations, documents of evidence such as contractor and awarding body records, worker affidavits, photos representing violations, etc., with appropriate law enforcement agencies.
- Attend educational trainings and seminars in an effort to adapt to continuously changing labor laws.
- Work cross-functionally with external stakeholders, affiliated entities and community partners to ensure alignment on key initiatives.
- Organize and maintain electronic and physical files, keep track of and be accountable for monthly activities.
- Other related duties as assigned.
- Excellent work ethic
- Attention to detail and accuracy
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to work both independently with minimum supervision and as part of a team
- Professional in attitude, appearance, and presentation
- Dependable and ethical
Please express your interest in this position by submitting a résumé and a cover letter to Dina Morsi at firstname.lastname@example.org.
The Heavy and Highway Fund provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
WHEN APPLYING: Be sure to indicate that you saw this information at UNIONJOBS.COM.
Job Posting Courtesy of UnionJobs.com