Digital Organizing Manager : Maryland
SEIU Local 500
Digital Organizing Manager
Based in Rockville, MD
SEIU, Local 500 is a progressive labor union, organizing and representing over 20,000 workers in the public service in Maryland and Washington, DC. We are a proud affiliate of Service Employees International Union (SEIU), the fastest-growing union in North America. We have an immediate opening for a Digital Organizing Manager (DOM).
The Digital Organizing Manager will work under the direction of the Director of Organizing and Campaigns. This is a non-bargaining unit position. This position requires good organizing and communication skills to convey complex contractual and political information in understandable language, and a willingness to work long, often irregular hours—including some weekends and evenings. Applicants need to be self-starters and have the ability to develop remote outreach plans using zoom meetings, texting tools, email outreach, and phone calls.
The applicant must be able to work with minimal supervision and have experience leading and managing staff. Strategic thinking and excellent interpersonal skills are a must. A successful applicant can keep excellent records, is comfortable using databases, and can analyze data to develop a clear picture of the union’s members. A successful Digital Organizing Manager will be flexible, able to think on their feet, and have a healthy sense of humor. The DOM will:
- Have familiarity with higher education, or knowledge of trends in higher education is a plus.
- Be comfortable using databases—specifically VAN/Every Action,
- Have experience manipulating data using Excel or Google Sheets.
- Be able to create campaign materials using Canva or other design tools.
- Have an ability to develop campaign messaging appealing to a diverse group of workers from unique professional backgrounds.
- Have political, labor, or nonprofit experience developing volunteer leadership teams and/or building coalitions around a shared purpose, outcomes, or goals.
- Have an ability to assist in the building/leading/and executing campaigns, including contract action teams (CAT).
- Excellent project management skills including setting goals and building a roadmap, delegating subprojects and tasks, keeping things on track, evaluating success throughout the project and pivoting as needed.
- Experience managing or project managing staff in executing digital organizing work.
- Project manage a team of organizers in the day-to-day management of the digital program.
- Manage and develop a team of organizers to include onboarding, training and support.
- Have experience using paid and organic social media in a professional setting.
- Familiarity with external organizing.
Two to three years’ experience with another labor union or nonprofit organization as a Senior Organizer or Manager or at least one year experience with SEIU is preferred. We offer an excellent starting salary and fringe benefit package. An applicant for this position must demonstrate excellent written and verbal communication skills, excellent computer knowledge, and a commitment to social justice and the labor movement. The ability to speak Spanish is a plus.
Send your letter of interest and résumé, along with your salary history, by email to: HumanResources@seiu500.org
Please, no calls
Local 500 encourages applications from all qualified candidates regardless of race, ethnicity, age, sex, sexual orientation, marital status, religion, or disability. Local 500 works to ensure fair treatment of applicants and employees and actively enforces policies against discrimination and sexual harassment
WHEN APPLYING: Be sure to indicate that you saw this information at UNIONJOBS.COM.
Job Posting Courtesy of UnionJobs.com