Union Organizer (four positions available) : Colorado
(four positions available)
Based in Denver, CO
Job Title: Union Organizer (Four positions available)
Annual Salary Pay range: $45,000 – $55,000
Job Location: Denver, Colorado
Colorado WINS has been on the cutting edge of building power for state employees in Colorado and fighting for economic, racial, immigrant and environmental justice. We are now hiring Organizers in Denver, Colorado.
Colorado just joined the ranks of 36 states that have collective bargaining rights for public employees. Colorado WINS is looking to build a statewide team to organize 28,000 state employees in a game-changing campaign to win new investment in public services and the workers who provide those services.
We need organizers help to build a powerful statewide public employee organization.
- Conducting broad and intensive outreach to workers to help identify issues that help build union membership and leadership
- Building one-on-one relationships with workers.
- Identifying and developing leaders
- Conducting individual/group meetings as it relates to the organizing campaign.
- Moving workers to take action to build their union, and lead other state workers to do the same.
- Other duties as assigned
Preferred Qualifications and Experience:
Experience that would provide the following knowledge, skills, and abilities:
- Ability and willingness to work long and irregular hours, including nights and weekends.
- Ability and willingness to travel on occasion and as needed.
- A demonstrated commitment to social justice is required.
- Capacity to work independently and with a team.
- The ability to make and follow through on a work plan.
- Sharp communications skills.
- Ability to take and implement feedback.
- The ability to work with people from diverse backgrounds.
- Willingness to conduct house visits and site visits.
- Previous experience in union or community organizing is desirable.
- Ability to build and maintain relationships inside and outside of Colorado Wins.
- Basic writing and computer skills.
- A cell phone, car for work purposes, a valid driver’s license and auto insurance are required.
Benefits: COWINS staff enjoy excellent employer-paid benefits.
Application Requirements: for all applications. Your cover letter should include the following.
- An explanation of your reason for wanting to work for Colorado WINS.
- Examples of times when you engaged in a union organizing conversation:
- what the situation was,
- what you did,
- your role, and
- what value it provided to the union.
- A description of how this position fits into your long-term career plan.
If offered a position, you will be required to relocate to Colorado, if you currently do not reside in the state.
*Remote work is available temporarily.
All materials must be sent electronically to the following:
Margolies Potterton & Associates,
Colorado WINS Search Consultants
For all questions regarding this search, including confidential inquiries, please contact: Debra Schwoch-Swoboda firstname.lastname@example.org
WHEN APPLYING: Be sure to indicate that you saw this information at UNIONJOBS.COM.
Job Posting Courtesy of UnionJobs.com