Civic Engagement Relational Organizer : Georgia, Michigan, North Carolina, Texas
United for Respect
Civic Engagement Relational Organizer
United for Respect is seeking motivated, dynamic Relational Organizers to join our team. Our campaign is seeking to grow the leadership of low wage workers by empowering volunteers, activist leaders, and supporters to organize their communities around local and national campaigns. Relational organizers are responsible for empowering volunteers and supporters to engage and organize their own personal networks (friends, family, neighbors, colleagues, etc.) in order to win for working families and hold elected officials accountable.
We encourage you to apply for this position if you are excited about direct volunteer empowerment and are passionate about investing time and resources into deep organizing and training. The ideal candidate excels at relationship-building, interpersonal communication, and leadership development.
UFR is a national organization building an industry voice of working people working for the country’s largest corporations. Through scaled leadership development and base-building, UFR’s growing network is challenging major corporations and policymakers to provide family‐sustaining jobs for all working people. We leverage technology — social media and our digital platform, WorkIt — and bring the workforce into a shared community of support and advocacy.
This position is housed in the Political and Policy department at United for Respect.
- Help manage and drive metrics with organizing staff
- Work in coalition with organizational partners in state
- Identify, recruit, and support volunteer leaders
- Recruit, train and develop teams of volunteers
- Build meaningful relationships with volunteers and supporters
- Organize events and mass meetings
- Identify supporters in assigned regions
- Use digital tools to support organizing on the ground
- Motivate volunteers to meet voter contact goals
- Other duties as assigned.
- At least 2 cycles of electoral work, 1 cycle of relational organizing strongly preferred
- Ability to multitask, create and achieve goals, meet deadlines and creatively solve problems
- Proficiency using digital tools
- Excellent interpersonal skills and listening skills
- Ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously
- Strong willingness to learn and adapt
- Ability to take feedback and implement changes in real time
- Strong organizational skills and attention to detail
- Experience working or volunteering on electoral, union, or community organizing campaigns
Salary Range: $4000/monthly, plus $500/monthly healthcare stipend. This position is temporary with a contract through November 30.
UFRis an equal opportunity employer with a commitment to equity. People of color, women, and LGBTQI candidates are encouraged to apply.
Location: North Carolina, Michigan, Georgia, Texas (remote)
If you are interested in applying for this position, please apply HERE.
WHEN APPLYING: Be sure to indicate that you saw this information at UNIONJOBS.COM.
Job Posting Courtesy of UnionJobs.com