Digital Campaign Specialist : Oregon
Digital Campaign Specialist
Based in Portland, OR
The Oregon AFL-CIO is the statewide federation of unions, representing over 300,000 working people across our state. We operate the largest independent voter contact operation in Oregon and are hiring for a Digital Campaign Specialist to join our team and help us deliver information about endorsed candidates to voters across the state.
Our goal is to build a cutting-edge digital campaign, including email, website, social media, texting and other ways of contacting voters. The Digital Campaign Strategist will be responsible for creating and implementing a digital strategy to complement and reinforce the Oregon AFL-CIO’s field efforts.
Responsibilities & Duties
The Digital Campaign Specialist will provide support to the Communications Director and the Field Team for a variety of tasks, including but not limited to:
Social Media Content Creation and Management
- Create and implement a detailed and throughout plan to educate voters about Oregon AFL-CIO priority candidates
- Create daily content for Facebook, Twitter and Instagram
- Run Facebook and Google Ads effectively and within budget to help grow our audience and education voters simultaneously
- Assist Field Team members with social media outreach, including creating events and organizing online
Digital Campaign Materials
- Create and maintain online voter education materials, including sections of oraflcio.org using Squarespace
- Create and implement a detailed plan for volunteer outreach and retention, including email blasts through Action Network CRM, peer-to-peer texting platforms, and fliers.
- Proven experience using all major social media platforms for political action
- A valid drivers’ license and access to a reliable vehicle
- Graphic design prowess, ideally using Adobe Photoshop, Illustrator and InDesign and Canva
- Competency in Google Drive, Microsoft Office and other standard office computer programs
- Basic knowledge of HTML and CSS
- Experience with Constituent Relationship Management systems such as Action Network
- Experience with Squarespace or comparable website platforms
- Strong background in or strong familiarity with the labor movement, movements for progressive social change and political or issue campaigns
- Creative ideas for mobilizing and educating union members on political topics
- Excellent writing and editing skills
- Exemplary communication skills
- Ability to work collaboratively as well as independently within the context of a plan
A Team Player
In addition to the aforementioned qualifications, we are seeking a team player who is willing and able to jump in and help in other areas of our Labor 2020 Campaign. That includes helping set up for volunteer events, participating in week-night phone banks, weekend canvassing, and other tasks as needed.
Compensation & Timeline
This is a full-time temporary position with occasional weeknight and weekend obligations. Position begins April 6 and runs through the end of the 2020 General Election in November. Women and candidates of color encouraged to apply. Compensation is competitive.
How to Apply
Please email your résumé, cover letter and 2-3 professional references to Oregon AFL-CIO Communications Director at: Russell@oraflcio.org. Interviews will be scheduled as soon as possible.
WHEN APPLYING: Be sure to indicate that you saw this information at UNIONJOBS.COM.
Job Posting Courtesy of UnionJobs.com