Regional Coordinator – Portland, Oregon (NW) : Oregon
SEIU UHW & Joint Employer Education Fund
Based in Portland, OR
Job Title: Regional Coordinator – Portland, Oregon (NW)
Department: Career Advice
Reports to: Director, Career Advice & ROC
SEIU UHW-West & Joint Employer Education Fund
The Education Fund is a joint effort between SEIU-UHW and employers to provide educational opportunities for employees. The mission of the Education Fund is to empower our diverse healthcare workforce to advance in a changing environment through innovative education and training solutions.
Principle Purpose of Job: Provides career and education counseling to SEIU members interested in advancing in the healthcare field. Also plans and coordinates implementation of education and training programs for healthcare workers represented by SEIU UHW-West and other union members who are eligible for Education Fund services
Level of Authority:
- Performs duties in accordance with Director, organizational policies and procedures.
- Work is performed in a complex environment. Will require frequent travel and the need to deal with a diversity of people and tasks.
- Will attend or lead frequent meetings with employers, (HR and Department Heads), union leaders and staff, members (learners) and other Ed Fund collaborators.
- Possible overnight travel is required.
- Must live in Portland, Oregon (NW)
Essential Job Functions:
- Responsible for facilitation of Ed Fund programs and services, performance utilization, outcomes, and other topics to a wide audience that includes Ed Fund executives and staff, employers (HR, Department Heads, and staff), and vendors/training providers.
- Position requires high level of diplomacy. Must develop and maintain relationships with local union leaders, employers, and other program partners/vendors.
- Will be responsible for creating and monitoring budgets for programs and services offered within the region.
- Responsible for providing Career Coaching and Case Management to a diverse caseload of learners with various barriers to secure successful outcomes.
- Administer all aspects of programs and services, as outlined by the Dept. of Labor’s NW Promise Grant (through 6/2020), for learners at Legacy Health Systems.
- Will lead the work within the region, by collaborating with multiple stakeholders, to prioritize and execute programs and strategies, to drive performance and outcomes.
- Responsible for all data entry, for members (learners) in programs, to ensure accurate monthly, quarterly, and annual reporting.
- Will create and manage marketing/communications campaigns to drive members (learners) to program/project offerings.
- Maintain member electronic files (Education Edge and i-Trac). Document participation and outcomes when necessary, per various program guidelines.
Qualifications and Capabilities:
- BA/BS degree required.
- Familiarity with Project Management concepts
- Strong leadership, critical thinking, coordination and organizational skills, are necessary.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills are necessary.
- Workforce Development experience, is necessary.
- Experience with managing budget and performance is necessary.
- Experience in a union/labor-management partnership is preferred.
- Professional demeanor, with the ability to create rapport with a wide variety of stakeholders.
- Must have valid Oregon Driver License, the use of a vehicle, and maintain appropriate level of car insurance.
- Proficient use of MS office suite.
- Ability to drive and move from one site to another for extended periods.
- Ability to sit at a workstation for extended periods.
- Ability to lift and carry up to 35 lbs.
The statements contained in this job description reflect general details necessary to describe the principal functions of this position, level of knowledge, the skill typically required, and the scope of responsibility. It should not be considered an all-inclusive listing of work requirements. Individuals may perform other duties as assigned, including work in other functional areas to cover absences or as needed.
Please send a résumé and cover letter to:
WHEN APPLYING: Be sure to indicate that you saw this information at UNIONJOBS.COM.
Job Posting Courtesy of UnionJobs.com