Executive Director : Wisconsin
Wisconsin Alliance for Retired Americans
Based in Milwaukee, WI
JOB TITLE: Executive Director Half Time position
IMMEDIATE SUPERVISOR: WI Alliance for Retired Americans Executive Board
QUALIFICATIONS: Substantial and extensive relevant experience and proven success in organizing, fundraising, communications and political activity desired.
OVERVIEW OF RESPONSIBILTIES: The primary responsibility of the Executive Director is to build the Wi alliance structures that will strengthen and grow the senior/retiree movement in Wisconsin. The executive Director is expected to provide effective leadership and strategic development that leads to an effective State Alliance that supports educating, advocating, and mobilizing seniors and retirees on the issues that concern them. The Wi Alliance Board will adopt specific ends and policies as needed to direct the work of the Executive Director.
STATEMENT OF DUTIES:
- Represent the interests of the Wi Alliance for Retired Americans.
- Work with the Wi Alliance Board to develop and implement unified strategic plans and budgets.
- Work with partners as well as appropriate regional, state, and local constituency groups and like- minded organizations to build successful and sustainable mobilizations
- Building for action:
- Identify and recruit alliance chapters in Wisconsin
- Work with existing Alliance leadership and other leaders in Wisconsin to develop and execute an organizing plan to strengthen the Wi Alliance’s grassroots program and structure.
- Promote legislative agenda. Work with Wisconsin AFL CIO to coordinate activities and events.
- Plan and facilitate Biennial Convention and Annual Power Lunch
- Plan issue –related events including but not limited to, anniversary events (Social Security, Medicare etc)
- Develop and implement a fundraising strategy.
- Collect affiliate and State-sustaining dues and recruit new state –sustaining members
- Oversee annual Calendar Raffle fundraiser
- Explore Grant funding for Wi Alliance educational activities.
- Act as a liaison to the national Alliance for Retired Americans and coordinate Wi Alliance participation in national initiatives and programs as approved by the Wi Alliance President and Wi Alliance Board.
- Other Administrative duties
- Oversee financial accounts. Supervise any additional employees and contractors including but not limited to accountant, bookkeeper or additional clerical help.
- Apply for and maintain Raffle license as needed.
- Work with treasurer and accountant to provide regular financial reports to the Board of Directors.
- File annual IRS and State Revenue Reports
- Prepare and disseminate Newsletter
- Administer Website, Facebook page and other social media accounts.
- Set up Board meetings, prepare agenda and liaison with Board officers as needed
SKILLS AND COMPETENCIES:
- Knowledge and experience working with the retiree community.
- Knowledge of and experience with both national and local structures of the labor movement.
- Familiarity with non-profit organizational management and fundraising.
- Excellent listening interpersonal, communication and problem-solving skills.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, including public speaking.
- Effective time management skills, including prioritizing and managing multiple tasks, and demonstrated experience in developing campaign and personal work plans and goals.
- Computer proficiency is required for e-mail, word processing, spreadsheet/database and social media skills etc.
- Demonstrated ability to resolve conflicts while maintaining important and effective relationships.
- Ability to travel on a regular basis.
SALARY: $25K annually. Potential for regular review and growth.
TO APPLY: please send résumé, cover letter and professional references to: firstname.lastname@example.org.
The Wisconsin Alliance for Retired Americans is an EOE /Veterans /Disability/LBGT employer.
WHEN APPLYING: Be sure to indicate that you saw this information at UNIONJOBS.COM.
Job Posting Courtesy of UnionJobs.com