Operations and Finance Manager : District of Columbia
SEIU National Fast Food Workers Union
Operations and Finance Manager
Based in Washington, DC
Annual Salary: $80 to 95K/YR
SEIU NFFWU seeks to fill the position of Operations and Finance Manager to manage the union’s Finance, Personnel, IT, and Data systems. The Operations and Finance Manager will be a member of the Senior Staff and will be a key advisor to the Leaders of the Union in the implementation of the Union’s strategic plan.
The ideal candidate for the position will have comparable experience in a small to mid-sized non-profit organization and functional experience in finance, budget management, personnel and data systems. S/he will be an experienced manager with the ability to effectively manage a small staff and will possess the capacity to work collaboratively with a diverse staff and stakeholders.
Successful managers at SEIU NFFWU have a progressive orientation and can be nimble in shifting priorities to the changing needs of a dynamic campaign-driven organization. The successful candidate for the position will have a passion for the mission of NFFWU and will be able to connect and align the administrative functions of the union to NFFWU’s strategic goals.
About SEIU NFFWU
SEIU NFFWU is a newly chartered local union affiliated with SEIU to expand the movement and deepen the successful fights to raise employment standards and unite workers in organizing their union in the fast food industry through national, state and community campaigns. The local union was created to unite fast food workers nationally in a union.
SEIU NFFWU is affiliated with the Service Employees International Union (SEIU) with more than 2 million members in the US, Canada and Puerto Rico. NFFWU is united with those 2.2 million members in a shared belief in the dignity of Workers and the value of their work and in a commitment to a more just and humane society.
Responsibilities of the Operations and Finance Manager
- Budget development and management
- Supervise the union’s accounting
- Oversight of annual audit and production of required LM 2 and 990 forms
- Evaluate financial controls and implement policies and procedures as required
Personnel and HR
- Maintain personnel records including the “onboarding” and termination of staff
- Provide advice and direction to the staff managers and local leaders on matters of labor relations with staff
- Manage relationship with staff union (if any)
- Ensure personnel policies are up to date and recommend additional policies or modifications to policies to Leaders of the Union
Education and Experience Requirements
- The ability to thrive and operate in a fast-paced mission driven environment requires that the ideal candidate will possess a quick thinking and adaptable style that understands the benefits of “leading from the side” to affect Change and drive progress. Additionally s/he will, be an experienced professional who performs successfully and with good humor, in the face of ambiguity and complexity. While no candidate is expected to possess all of these qualities, the ideal candidate will demonstrate the following professional and personal abilities, attributes and experiences:
- A Bachelor’s degree in a related field or an equivalent combination of education and experience in an organization of similar size and complexity
- At least three years’ experience in non-profit finance and administration functions
- Strong project management skills; the ability to multi-task and meet deadlines within tight timeframes;
- Demonstrated adaptability, flexibility, and resourcefulness in setting priorities and organizing work; a results-driven approach to setting goals and celebrating accomplishments
- Excellent oral, written and listening communication skills
- Commitment and capacity to maintain the highest level of integrity, judgment, confidentiality and discretion in leading, and in managing information and resources
- Strong organizational skills teamed with a flexible and adaptable style
- Proficiency in QuickBase or similar database platform, MS Office and familiarity with QuickBooks
- The position is based in the Washington DC headquarters of the union.
- Long and irregular hours frequently required.
- Minimal amount of travel and very occasional overnight travel may be required.
- The position includes a competitive salary based on experience and a package of benefits that includes paid holidays, vacations, 401K and fully paid health benefits, including health, dental, vision and prescription drug benefits.
A résumé and cover letter are required for all applications. Your cover letter should explain your reason for wanting to work for SEIU, and an example of how you demonstrated success in a similar position.
A résumé is required for all applications and a cover letter is highly suggested. Your cover letter should explain your reason for wanting to work for us, an example of how you demonstrated success in a similar position and a description of how this position fits into your long-term career plan.
SEIU NFFWU is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Apply Here: https://www.click2apply.net/zc923pxs6g3zp8jn
WHEN APPLYING: Be sure to indicate that you saw this information at UNIONJOBS.COM.
Job Posting Courtesy of UnionJobs.com