Organizing Coordinator : Idaho
Idaho Education Association
For covering Idaho
Join IEA in the fight to win the schools our students deserve.
IEA seeks an Organizing Coordinator that desires to organize and assist building strong local unions, including but not limited to winning voice and for low-wage educators throughout the state. The applicant selected for the position will have a passion for building union power and capacity to win in often strategically complicated, deeply conservative communities, around educator issues and values that unite us all. The right applicant has a dedication to building strong independent and democratic local unions.
This position reports to the Executive Director and plays a day-to-day leadership role for conducting priority strategic organizing campaigns.
Applicants should have several years of experience in organizing and a demonstrated ability to lead. Experience running or acting as a lead organizer or organizing coordinator in an external union organizing campaign or comprehensive community campaign is preferred. However, IEA is willing to work with and train the right individual that has other comparable experiences, knowledge and skills.
This position involves often long and irregular hours, some weekend work, and travel.
JOB OPENING: Organizing Coordinator
TO APPLY: Submit cover letter and résumé to: firstname.lastname@example.org, and include “Organizing Coordinator” in the title of the email
DEADLINE TO APPLY: Until position is filled
SUMMARY OF DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES: The Organizing Coordinator performs a wide range of duties, including:
- Develops as part of a leadership team the comprehensive strategy of organizing campaigns.
- Ensures development and execution of field organizing plans, including meeting goals and benchmarks.
- Coordinates all aspects of the campaign including communications, community engagement, field and political operations, research and legal work.
- Reports to the Executive Director on progress, field operation, community relationships, and progress towards strategic benchmarks
- Conducts organizer training and ongoing staff and member leadership development
- Conducts or effectively delegates roles for successful organizing meetings, events, phone banks, and other tools to mobilize the field
- Leads organizers’ and member organizers in daily activities via frequent field engagement and daily debriefs
- Ensures the maintenance of data, wall charts and other tools of organizers
- Occasionally, may organize outside of immediate assignment, including in other states
- Strong commitment to the labor movement and racial, educational and economic justice
- Demonstrated skill as an organizer in the field
- At least 3 years’ experience leading staff and demonstrated ability to:
- Inspire and motivate workers and staff
- Works independently to achieve goals
- Uses a high level of judgment
- Works well with diverse group of people
- Leads staff and evaluate staff’s strengths and weaknesses and provides training in an ongoing and positive way
- Lead Organizer experience in a union organizing campaign or comprehensive community organizing campaign is preferred
- Community engagement and organizing experience is preferred
- Computer literacy is required
- Reliable transportation and a valid driver’s license are required
COMPENSATION: Highly competitive based on experience and IEA/IEASO Contract with excellent benefits.
IEA is an equal opportunity employer.
WHEN APPLYING: Be sure to indicate that you saw this information at UNIONJOBS.COM.
Job Posting Courtesy of UnionJobs.com