Field Representative : Idaho
Idaho Education Association
For covering Idaho
IEA seeks a Field Representative is to lead on behalf of affiliates and members, support the growth and strength of IEA locals through organizing, and to provide training to local affiliates of IEA.
IEA is the largest and fastest growing union in Idaho representing over 17,000 educators and is an affiliate of the National Education Association with 3.2 million members.
JOB OPENING: Field Representative
TO APPLY: Submit cover letter and résumé to: firstname.lastname@example.org, with “Field Representative” in the title of the email.
DEADLINE TO APPLY: Open until filled
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Conduct labor relations activities including collective bargaining, contract administration (including grievance arbitration) and legal advocacy.
- Responsible for developing and training on strategic approaches for local affiliates to work with members and member employers to achieve desired outcomes.
- Train, coach and help ensure local associations identify appropriate workplace issues as opportunities for organizing and engaging members, particularly when there is no apparent legal solution.
- Work with local affiliates in the capacity of consultant, communicator, trainer and facilitator in the resolution of local issues; gather, assimilate and distribute information.
- Be committed to the process of life-long learning and demonstrate a desire for continuous professional self-improvement and knowledge attainment.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Excellent critical thinking and problem-solving skills
- Excellent interpersonal, oral and written communications skills, including public speaking
- Pro-union and advocate for working people
- Ability to work independently
- Ability to establish and maintain positive work relationships with supervisor, co-workers and others
- Willing to travel and work irregular hours
- Ability to effectively manage electronic communications and social media
- Experience representing educational employees is preferred
- Experience negotiating contracts is preferred
- Experience with developing and conducting training is preferred
- Experience in representing employees in disciplinary investigations/grievances preferred
Compensation is highly competitive with excellent benefits including a 401k and pension.
WHEN APPLYING: Be sure to indicate that you saw this information at UNIONJOBS.COM.
Job Posting Courtesy of UnionJobs.com