Recruiter : California
California Nurses Association
National Nurses United
Based in Oakland, CA
Our Patients. Our Union. Our Voice.
BUILD THE MOVEMENT
HEALTH CARE JUSTICE
Location: Oakland, California
WHO WE ARE:
CNA/NNU is leading the national movement for Registered Nurse power to transform the market-driven healthcare industry in the United States into a health care system based on patient need.
WHAT WE BELIEVE IN
- Working people and the power to leverage change
- Medicare For All
- RN Safe Staffing
- Social Justice
- Leadership Development
- Growing a national movement for healthcare justice
WHO WE ARE LOOKING FOR
A skilled Recruiter who has experience in:
- Recruiting knowledgeable staff from the areas of labor, social justice and/or environmental justice.
- Exceptional interviewing and interpersonal skills.
- Impeccable oral and written communication skills.
- Strong Internet search skills and acute knowledge of online recruiting resources.
- Experience working with recruiting software.
- Excellent time-management and organizational skills.
RESPONSIBILITIES OF THE ROLE:
- Develop and implement a comprehensive national recruitment plan for attracting qualified individuals with a union and/or social activist background for field positions around the country.
- Build and maintain relationships with key individuals in potential areas of recruitment including labor, the environment, and women’s issues.
- Work closely with field leaders to identify the skills and experience needed that is specific to geographical areas.
- Interview, evaluate and screen all potential candidates, verifying their skills, accomplishments, priorities, and references.
QUALITIES OF A SUCCESSFUL CANDIDATE
- A minimum of 5 years’ experience as a Recruiter, Field Director, or equivalent, working in a labor or social justice setting.
- Thoroughly familiar with the job requirements of experienced Labor Representatives, Organizers, and Lead Organizers.
- Has developed a personal national network of experienced union staff professionals, social justice and/or environmental lead activists.
- A proven track record of generating numerous applications from skilled and qualified candidates nationwide.
- Ability to travel and contact working candidates during evenings and weekends.
- Identifies as a self-starter who enjoys working closely with others.
- Is comfortable and confident when interacting with high level staff.
- Ability to use good judgment and maintain a high level of confidentiality.
SALARY AND BENEFITS
Excellent and competitive salary depending on experience, and outstanding benefits offered, including full family and domestic partner health & dental plan, 401(k), and generous pension.
HOW TO APPLY
Please submit a Résumé and cover letter through our online system HERE.
CNA/NNU is committed to Equal Opportunity, and to considering applicants of all ages, races, sexual orientations, national origins, ethnicities, and religions. We encourage people from diverse backgrounds and experiences related to our core organizational values and objectives to apply.
WHEN APPLYING: Be sure to indicate that you saw this information at UNIONJOBS.COM.
Job Posting Courtesy of UnionJobs.com