Director of Administration and Finance : Connecticut
AFSCME Council 4
Director of Administration and Finance
Based in New Britain, CT
Job Title: Director of Administration and Finance
Reports to: Executive Director
Serve as a member of the senior leadership team and provide support to the Executive Director in guiding the Council; manage the daily operations of the Council’s office, administration and finances.
- Provide support, advice and guidance to the Executive Director as a member of the senior leadership team.
- May act as a representative of the Executive Director and AFSCME Council 4 in communications and meetings.
- Provide supervision, guidance and support for staff.
- Analyze logistics, processes, operations; identify opportunities for improvements and facilitate development of policies and procedures.
- Coordinate strategic initiatives of the Council.
- Oversee physical building repairs, improvement and services.
- Participate in regular meetings with senior leadership to discuss the needs of Council and membership.
- Assess and respond to inquiries, determine the proper course of action and report outcome to the Executive Director.
- Ensure all staff issues are addressed properly, efficiently and judiciously, documenting and tracking progress until resolved.
- Manage communications and information flow as assigned.
- May manage departments and staff as assigned.
- Support functions according to circumstances and needs of the Council and membership.
- Assist the Executive Director with internal communications, staff needs and issue resolution.
- Advanced degree in labor/administration/finance fields is desired.
- Minimum of ten years of experience in labor/administration/finance fields.
- Valid driver’s license
- Experience managing a team.
- Experience in project planning and operational support for an organization.
- Financial experience in budget design and management.
- Excellent interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills are required as well as a demonstrated ability to think creatively and speak publicly. Bilingual skills are a plus.
- A results driven thinker and an excellent problem solver.
- Ability to work strategically and collaboratively with state, municipal, private sector labor organizations/leaders and HR professionals.
Please submit a cover letter with résumé to:
AFSCME Council 4
C/O Megan Batchelder, Executive Assistant
444 East Main Street
New Britain, CT 06051
Closing Date: Wednesday, January 22, 2020 by 5:00 pm
WHEN APPLYING: Be sure to indicate that you saw this information at UNIONJOBS.COM.
Job Posting Courtesy of UnionJobs.com