Administrative Organizer : Ohio, West Virginia
SEIU District 1199 WV/KY/OH
Based in the Cleveland, OH area
Career with Purpose: Administrative Organizer
Change your world and start a career loving what you do.
You don’t want just a job – you want a career with purpose and meaning.
You’re passionate about your career and we’re passionate about building a better future for all people.
Think about the possibilities we can create together when you wake up every day…
- Knowing that what you are doing is making a real difference.
- Motivating people to stand up to injustice in their workplace and their communities.
- Using the power of collective action to create change.
We are the Service Employees International Union (SEIU), District 1199 and our mission is to improve the lives of working people and their families and to achieve greater social and economic justice. We have a position available for passionate people just like you, offering excellent benefits and all the satisfaction of actually making a difference!
Salary: SEIU District 1199 WV/KY/OH offers competitive salaries, a full range of benefits, and training.
Location: Cleveland, OH Area
Administrative Organizers needed for full-time work across Ohio, West Virginia and Kentucky with Head Start, nursing home, hospital and other health care and public service employees.
Administrative Organizer positions are available across Ohio, West Virginia and Kentucky. An Administrative Organizer in District 1199 WV/KY/OH is responsible for:
- Bargaining contracts and running contract campaigns
- Developing strong chapter leadership and structure
- Working with members to build a powerful political program
- Involving members in bringing a union voice to more potential members
- Working with members to enforce their contract through the grievance and arbitration process.
Who is SEIU District 1199 WV/KY/OH?
We’re nurses, caregivers, support staff and professionals. We work in hospitals, nursing homes, mental health and DD care facilities, social service agencies, Head Start programs, libraries, schools and other health and human service centers.
We’re 35,000 people united by our belief in the dignity and worth of workers. We organize to improve the lives of working people and their families and lead the way to a more just and humane society.
We’re part of the Service Employees International Union (SEIU), America’s largest and fastest growing union. We’re the union of health care and social service workers in Ohio, West Virginia and eastern Kentucky: SEIU District 1199 WV/KY/OH.
If you want to put your mind and heart to work in the cause of a better world, there’s a role for you in SEIU District 1199 WV/KY/OH.
- A passion for justice, a willingness to learn, the ability to work hard with irregular hours, and the ability to travel on occasion
- Good communication skills, personal discipline and organization, good judgment, and the ability to work with people from diverse backgrounds and cultures
- Union or community organizing experience is preferred
- Computer skills needed
Women and people of color are urged to apply.
SEIU District 1199 WV/KY/OH offers competitive salaries, a full range of benefits, and training.
Email firstname.lastname@example.org or fax to 614-461-1549, a résumé, a letter explaining why you want to do this work and names and contact information of three references and put “Administrative Organizer” in the subject line.
WHEN APPLYING: Be sure to indicate that you saw this information at UNIONJOBS.COM.
Job Posting Courtesy of UnionJobs.com