Temporary Political Organizer : Minnesota
Minnesota Nurses Association
345 Randolph Avenue #200, St. Paul, MN 55102
Fax: 651-695-7000 Web: www.mnnurses.org
Temporary Political Organizer
Based in St. Paul, MN
POSITION TITLE: Temporary Political Organizer
DATE: January 8, 2020
DEPARTMENT: Unit 2 Field Staff
ACCOUNTABLE TO: Director of Governmental and Community Relations
AVAILABLE: Immediately to November 13, 2020
Works to promote and achieve the goals of the Minnesota Nurses Association (MNA) by mobilizing nurses to become active in the electoral and policy arenas. The Temporary Political Organizer will work with a team to implement the electoral and legislative initiatives of MNA in order to further the goals of nurses at the local, state, and federal levels. The three primary areas this position will work with are education and turnout for the Presidential Primary, state and local electoral efforts for member-endorsed candidates, and member organizing around MNA’s legislative program. Duties may include, but are not limited to:
- Educating members on the presidential primary, Minnesota early vote program, caucus processes and MNA’s legislative priorities
- Implementing member-to-member or member-to-public political programing, including e-mail, text, phone, door-to-door, and worksite campaigns
- Working with labor and coalition partners to implement joint campaign plans and strategies to support MNA’s organizational goals and priorities
- Assisting with planning and implementation of MNA’s screening and endorsement process
- Recruiting new member volunteers for electoral activity via rounding in facilities, attending MNA activities and calling members
- Working with field staff to identify potential new member volunteers for legislative or electoral activity
- Tracking and reporting on electoral and legislative goals
- Using NGP VAN or Labor Action Network (LAN) to pull data and reports as well as upload information
- Assisting in the building and training of a network of political activists
- Other duties as assigned
The position may include long and irregular hours, including weekends and evenings. Travel is required, including occasional overnight stays.
Education: Bachelor Degree or comparable experience is preferred.
Experience: Knowledge of labor unions; understanding of legislative and electoral processes; skills in organizing members in political settings; knowledge of and experience working with Minnesota campaign finance law; demonstrated ability to implement successful electoral plans; familiarity with Minnesota and labor online voter databases; good oral and written communication skills; demonstrated ability to motivate, lead, and build strong working relationships and hold others accountable.
Salary: Per the MNASO Local 1, Unit 2 Contract Agreement, starting salary is $74,630 annually and includes competitive benefits.
MNA is an EEO/AA employer.
Contact: Send letter of application, résumé and references to Cynthia Campos at: Cynthia.Campos@mnnurses.org.
WHEN APPLYING: Be sure to indicate that you saw this information at UNIONJOBS.COM.
Job Posting Courtesy of UnionJobs.com