Member Services Assistant : Massachusetts
Massachusetts Nurses Association
Member Services Assistant
Division of Membership
Based in Canton, MA
Title: Member Services Assistant
Reports to: Director of Membership
Overall accountability is for maintenance of MNA Data Base, Customer Service, Dues posting, Billing, Contract Compliance. Responsible for billing, recording, and posting membership dues according to established policies and procedures. Maintains accurate membership data base files for the organization. Responsible for contract compliance in accordance with established policies and procedures as assigned. Assists members with questions or difficulties regarding dues payment, membership enrollment and retention and benefits. Represents and markets MNA in response to potential members’ inquiries. Communicates with hospital facilities, individual members and MNA staff in regard to accounts receivable, membership and contract compliance. Initiates, according to established procedures, contact with collective bargaining employees at facilities represented by MNA, who must pay fees as a condition of employment. Provides switchboard coverage as needed.
This position is a 28-hours per week position with pro-rated benefits.
- Records, edits and keys membership dues on an accurate and timely basis in accordance with divisional policy.
- Manages technical procedures, balances payroll deduction and processes discrepancy reports within automatic posting program.
- Bills and initiates collection procedures on all outstanding balances. Reviews collection and write-off process with the Director.
- Maintains and updates all membership data bases.
- Facilitates sign-up of employees at MNA collective bargaining facilities, according to established policies.
- Maintains close divisional and interdivisional communication on status of contract compliance.
- Actively promotes benefit programs and markets the association by phone via inbound telemarketing.
- Actively promotes recruitment of prospective members and facilitates retention of current members.
- Facilitates recruitment and retention activities through interdivisional communication, support and consultation.
- Maintains communication with facilities, members and staff related to dues deductions, deletions, additions or problems.
- Provides support and is involved with daily divisional responsibilities such as processing of ingoing/outgoing mail, surveys and address changes.
- Monitors and initiates correction of hospital reporting procedures and payment procedures according to their contractual requirements.
- Enforces contract compliance in accordance with divisional policies and procedures.
- Communicates in writing, by telephone and through personal contact with members, potential members and the public as necessary.
- Provides input and recommendations to enhance the operation and effectiveness of the division.
- Organizes own workload and establishes priorities.
- Assists with special projects/duties as assigned by the Director of Membership.
- Objectively interprets policies and enforces policies as promulgated by MNA in consultation with the Senior Membership Division assistant.
- Provides switchboard coverage as needed.
- High school diploma required. Additional courses in bookkeeping and data processing preferred.
- Capacity for positive interpersonal relationships with clients, peers, members, and supervisory personnel. Works well with people in all settings.
- At least one year involved in membership dues collection or accounts receivable activity.
- Must be familiar with the operation of computer equipment and software applications. Experience on IBM mid-range system and PC applications and communications preferred.
- Typing speed of at least 50 wpm with accuracy for reporting financial documents and correspondence.
- Ability to operate a ten-key adding machine by touch.
- Speed and accuracy in working with figures and attention to detail.
- Analytical ability in problem solving along with integrity and responsibility to handle the Association’s monies.
- Excellent communication skills in both oral and written forms.
- Ability to work independently as well as good organizational skills.
Send résumé to Shirley Thompson at: firstname.lastname@example.org.
WHEN APPLYING: Be sure to indicate that you saw this information at UNIONJOBS.COM.
Job Posting Courtesy of UnionJobs.com