Business Agent : Illinois
Teamsters Local 700
Based in Chicago, IL
Teamsters Local 700 represents public sector employees in various industries of Chicago and suburbs. We are dedicated to maintaining our long-standing commitment to excellent service to our members.
Local 700 is currently seeking to add an experienced Business Agent to our staff in the near future. The job requires a law degree and/or extensive experience in in the field of labor. The job description and responsibilities of the position are as follows.
Responsibilities May Include:
- Effectively addressing member and employer questions and problems;
- Ensuring compliance with collective bargaining agreements;
- Investigating and processing grievances;
- Preparing for arbitrations;
- Maintaining collective bargaining agreements;
- Participating in contract campaigns, assisting and/or leading contract negotiations;
- Attending meetings, picket lines, seminars, and conferences;
- Visiting jobsite locations and disseminating information;
- Communicating with the union membership;
- Identify and organize potential new units.
- College or Law degree in labor-related field, or extensive experience as a local union officer, union organizer or business agent;
- Strong commitment to social justice and building the labor movement;
- Experience and training necessary to enforce contracts and conduct contract negotiations;
- Ability to work well with a wide variety of people;
- Leadership skills to educate and motivate members;
- Ability to manage multiple tasks simultaneously; and,
- Ability to exercise sound judgment in complex situations.
Competitive salary structure. Excellent benefit package.
Send résumé and cover letter to: email@example.com.
WHEN APPLYING: Be sure to indicate that you saw this information at UNIONJOBS.COM.
Job Posting Courtesy of UnionJobs.com