Bookkeeper : Massachusetts
New England Joint Board UNITE HERE
Based in Boston, MA
The New England Joint Board, UNITE HERE, is an affiliate of UNITE HERE in the six New England states and New York, representing workers in the manufacturing, warehousing, laundry, food service, disability service, textile, and garment industries. Included in our membership are workers from UNITE HERE predecessor unions ILGWU, ACTWU and UNITE as well as members originally organized under the UNITE HERE banner. We are a bold progressive union at the forefront of the movement for economic and social justice. Women and immigrants make up a majority of our membership.
Responsibilities: The Bookkeeper is responsible for financial record keeping and analysis in accordance with accounting regulations and policies of the Joint Board. The Bookkeeper will:
- Work with any or all of the following: cash receipts and disbursements, general ledger, allocations and distributions, accounts receivable, accounts payable and payroll activities.
- Responsible for data entries, account analysis, preparation of schedules, and bank reconciliation.
- Adheres to reporting requirements and deadlines.
- Generates monthly, quarterly or annual reports.
- Engage Leadership regarding any cash receipts and disbursements, general ledger, accounts receivable, accounts payable and payroll activities or issues.
- Protects organization’s value by keeping information confidential.
- Maintains financial data security by following internal controls, policies and procedures
- Performs general switchboard work and office administration work.
- Performs other job responsibilities and projects as assigned.
- Individual should be responsible, self-motivated, dependable, able to multitask and should have good organizational skills.
- Interest in the labor movement, worker rights and social justice work.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Applications especially Excel and Word
- Proficient in QuickBooks
- Minimum of two years accounting or bookkeeping experience including accounts payable, accounts receivable, payroll, general ledger and financial reports.
Salary is commensurate with experience. Excellent benefits package.
Women and people of color are encouraged to apply.
Applicants should submit a cover letter and résumé via e-mail to: email@example.com.
The New England Joint Board is an equal opportunity employer.
WHEN APPLYING: Be sure to indicate that you saw this information at UNIONJOBS.COM.
Job Posting Courtesy of UnionJobs.com