Administrative Clerk : California
IBEW Local 1245
Based in Vacaville, CA
Based in Vacaville, CA
Position: Administrative Clerk
Location: Vacaville, CA
The Administrative Clerk provides administrative services in support of the IBEW Local 1245, membership and staff to accomplish the division or department’s goals.
Essential Job Functions:
- Creates, updates, and maintains databases regarding membership and Union Contractors information and tracking thereof.
- Assists in orienting, tracking, receiving of membership dues ensuring compliance of Contractors obligation per Collective Bargaining Agreements negotiated.
- Provides Union’s administrative support such as, front desk support, accounting support, and dispatching support
- Carry out administrative duties such as filing, typing, copying, binding, scanning,
- Prepares materials, including letters/urgent correspondence for the Union to Contractors, letters, mailings, email blast notifications, forms, announcements, for General Office and Union activities.
- Maintain computer and manual filing systems
- Receives meeting registration requests and complaints (telephone, email and walk-in) and refers to appropriate staff for resolution.
- Works on special projects as assigned by immediate supervisor
- High School Diploma, GED, or equivalent certification; three years of experience in an administrative support role; must be intuitive, a self-starter, process oriented and driven to achieve excellence and deadlines.
- Expertise using Microsoft 365 programs; SharePoint, Word, Excel, Power Point, Adobe, Access
- Demonstrated ability to type 55 wpm
- Knowledge of standard business documents and table formatting to prepare materials accurately
- Ability to set up and maintain Excel spreadsheets, the ability to setup Access databases
- Proficiency using the Internet as a research tool
- Experience composing grammatically correct correspondence, and editing drafts to correct grammar, spelling and punctuation
- Accounts receivables processing
- Strong & Friendly customer service orientation for both internal and external customers.
- Excellent organizational skills
- Ability to communicate and relate respectfully with a diverse membership and staff
- Commitment to provide accurate, efficient, and friendly service to staff and members
- Ability to exercise independent judgment to solve operational problems
- Ability to manage multiple and competing priorities and work well under pressure
- Excellent punctuality and attendance
- Bilingual skills highly desirable
- Able to create, plan, develop, and implement programs and systems to further Union goals.
Physical Demands: Sitting at a computer workstation for extended periods (up to four hours at a time) typing and lifting to 20 pounds. Work long and irregular hours including nights and weekends.
Relationships: The Administrative Clerk works closely with and interacts with Union members, unorganized workers, employers, government officials, the Executive Board members, officers, other staff, staff from other labor organizations and grassroots organizations.
IBEW Local 1245 offers a competitive salary, commensurate with experience, and a generous benefit package.
IBEW Local 1245 is an affirmative action employer and encourages applications from all qualified candidates regardless of gender, race, ethnicity, age, sexual orientation, marital status, religion, or disability.
Submit your résumé with a Cover Letter/ Letter of Introduction to: Jobs@Ibew1245.com.
WHEN APPLYING: Be sure to indicate that you saw this information at UNIONJOBS.COM.
Job Posting Courtesy of UnionJobs.com