Labor Relations Business Representative (Greater Sacramento Area) : California
IUOE Stationary Engineers, Local 39
Labor Relations Business Representative
Based in Sacramento, CA
(Greater Sacramento Area)
We are seeking a Labor Relations Business Representative for our office in Sacramento, CA.
The Labor Relations Business Representative position represents our members on grievances and complaints, recruits new members, organizes the unorganized in both the public and private sector, assists our attorneys in hearings and arbitrations, and participates and assists on our strike lines.
Examples of Duties:
- Enforces all provisions of Collective Bargaining Agreements
- Serves as Chief Negotiator at the bargaining table
- Files grievances and complaints on behalf of our members
- Assists our attorneys in arbitration hearings
- Assists our attorneys with the filing of Unfair Labor Practice charges
- Participates and assists on our strike lines
- Handles members’ issues and complaints
- Conducts informational worksite member meetings
- Organizes unorganized public and private sector groups of employees
- Recruits new members
- Recruits and trains union stewards
Education and Experience:
We are looking for a candidate who is a self-starter, can work independently without direct supervision, has at least three years’ experience as a Union Labor Relations representative, has experience with contract negotiations, and has some college education.
- Communicate with large groups of employees
- Gain trust and confidence of members
- Travel to worksites and strike lines at all hours and in inclement weather when necessary
- Be strategic
- Organize employees
- Exercise sound judgement
- Work with difficult people
- Keep sensitive information confidential
- Work weekends, nights, and holidays when needed
- Occasional overnight travel
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Have a California driver’s license, insurance, and American/Union made automobile
Salary and Benefits:
Competitive salary, generous health care benefits, car allowance, and a superb defined benefit retirement plan.
Steve Crouch, Director of Public Employees
Stationary Engineer, Local 39
1620 North Market Blvd.
Sacramento, California 95834
WHEN APPLYING: Be sure to indicate that you saw this information at UNIONJOBS.COM.
Job Posting Courtesy of UnionJobs.com