Digital Impact Coordinator : District of Columbia
Digital Impact Coordinator
Grade: MGT C
Based in Washington, DC
SEIU’s National Organizing Department drives the central mission of our union to win for working people on the job, in our communities, and in our economy and democracy. This position manages SEIU organizing department’s digital communications operations and staff to promote the union’s narrative and organizing work, to further campaign objectives, and to expand the Fight for $15 and a Union and SEIU’s online audiences and presence. The position reports to the Deputy Director of Organizing.
(Any one position may not include all of the specific duties and responsibilities listed. Examples provide a general summary of the work required and should not be treated as a total and complete list of expected duties to be performed by employees in the classification.)
National Digital Media
- Devises national social media strategy and goals as part of the union’s overall digital communications strategy.
- Manages implementation of national and/or organizing social media efforts.
- Manages development of digital strategies for campaigns and projects to ensure that they advance both individual project goals and the union’s overarching goals and strategic direction.
- Creates and oversees the creation of digital content.
- Serves as a key contact for communications with allies, partners, and vendors.
- Manages and creates event digital communications – strategy, message, look and feel, materials, marketing, outreach, various technologies and social media.
- Performs other duties as assigned in support of promoting digital work.
Management and Administration
- Manage digital work for the department focusing on the national organizing work, including planning and project management, and coordinates with other departments and campaigns on those issues.
- Assists with vendor management and oversight for the department.
- Prepares, manages and monitors digital ad budget.
- Recruits, reviews and recommends hiring for digital staff.
- Manages the work of digital team staff, directly supervising individuals on team as assigned.
- Directly responsible for retention of staff, including training, feedback, reviews, skill and career development.
- Represents Organizing Department as assigned and performs other duties as assigned in support of the work of the department.
Must be able to represent the International Union with local leaders, members, staff and outside organizations, utilizing independent judgment and a high level of professionalism. Interfaces with high level organizational and external contacts, including:
- SEIU officers, International senior staff, project and program managers, field, political and organizing directors, local union officers and staff.
- External: news media, politicians, government officials, partners and allies.
- Vendors: design and production companies, consultants, pollsters, freelancers, video and multi-media producers, advertising agencies.
Ensures that sophisticated choices are made about appropriate vendors and support services.
Direction and Decision Making
Reports to the Deputy Director of Organizing and works with extreme independence.
Education and Experience
Five to eight years of related work experience or a combination of education and experience that would provide for the following knowledge, skills and abilities:
- Experience developing and implementing strategy on a wide range of campaigns, including organizing, contract, political, and legislative, as well as experience working with community allies.
- Thorough knowledge of digital strategies, including list-building on various platforms, online advertising techniques, web content management, multivariate testing to optimize results, and online organizing.
- Thorough knowledge of electronic media systems. Knowledge of advertising techniques and familiarity with all aspects of literature, audiovisual, and online production process required.
- Excellent writing, verbal, and analytical skills.
- Demonstrated capacity to continuously develop knowledge and skills related to use of rapidly changing technology.
- Knowledge of unions or other advocacy organizations.
- Must have demonstrated ability to manage own work and work of others without supervision.
- Requires a high level of judgment and ability to take initiative and work independently.
- Must use a high level of judgment and discretion in resolving problems within the Organizing Department and throughout SEIU.
- Must maintain a high level of confidentiality in handling SEIU affairs.
- Must be able to work with International and local union elected leaders and senior staff in complex and sometimes politically sensitive situations.
- Must be able to act and organize time with extreme independence.
- Must be able to handle multiple “priority” projects simultaneously and set and meet deadlines, and ensure that staff team does the same.
- Skill in the use of technology including online organizing and communications platforms.
- Ability to write and proofread Spanish a plus.
- Familiarity with CRMs, Adobe Creative Suite, and other web development tools and applications desired.
Work is generally performed in an office setting but can be remote. Job may require work in the field or in other settings to perform the tasks required to complete assignments. Must be available for frequent travel with overnight stays and able to work long and irregular hours.
A résumé is required for all applications and a cover letter is highly suggested. Your cover letter should explain your reason for wanting to work for SEIU, an example of how you demonstrated success in a similar position and a description of how this position fits into your long-term career plan.
SEIU staff enjoy top notch benefits including comprehensive health benefits, major medical, dental and vision for employee and eligible dependents, domestic partner benefits, competitive salaries, generous holidays and vacation policies, and both a pension plan and a 401(K) Plan.
SEIU is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Relocation costs are not covered by SEIU.
Apply here: https://www.click2apply.net/kc8tghpw9d7xkk78
WHEN APPLYING: Be sure to indicate that you saw this information at UNIONJOBS.COM.
Job Posting Courtesy of UnionJobs.com