Executive Assistant to the President : Washington
SEIU Healthcare 1199NW
Executive Assistant to the President
Based in Renton, WA
Would you like to be a part of a dynamic and effective union that achieves high and innovative standards for 29,000 nurses and healthcare workers across Washington state that stand united for quality patient care and good careers? We are looking for an experienced, highly skilled, and successful person to assist our President in driving key commitments, projects and our union program.
The Executive Assistant primarily is a key partner in providing program and administrative support and assistance to the President. The Executive Assistant provides administrative support for the Executive Board, for other officers, and for senior staff meetings. This position requires maintaining a high level of confidentiality..
The ideal candidate will have experience in executive support and work experience at a nonprofit, union experience is preferred.
- Manage flow of information for President. Tracks/monitors President’s tasks and projects to completion.
- Acts as President’s liaison with internal and external contacts.
- Assists President with overseeing program development and implementation and engages in problem-solving and making adjustments to plans.
- Manage special projects for the President as assigned.
- Regularly exercise discretion and independent judgment in assisting President.
- Provide a high level of administrative support for the President, and Officers at President’s discretion.
- Heavy calendar management – conflicting and competing appointments/meeting requests. Frequent rearranging and rescheduling.
- Frequent domestic travel arrangements and coordination.
- Perform general administrative processes with the ability to exercise independent judgment and prioritize work schedule. Duties include word processing from drafts, President’s email handling, routing President’s calls, drafting correspondence and other materials, preparing presentations, event planning, organizing and maintaining hard copy and electronic files.
- Logistical preparation and execution of Executive Board meetings including venue planning, correspondence, mailings, attendance tracking, materials production, materials distribution and display, recording of minutes, and staff support.
- Expense report handling and submission for the President and Executive Board.
- Maintain member contact as directed on behalf of the President.
- Responsible for monitoring of important contract notification records and files, prepares associated correspondence as timeline dictates.
- This is an office based position, some occasional local travel required.
- Performs other related duties as assigned or delegated by the President.
- Show social responsibility and awareness and interact effectively with diverse populations.
- Professional comportment, tact and diplomacy.
- Great attention to detail, ability to maintain a high standard of excellence in all tasks performed.
- Ability to manage multiple projects and deadlines in an interruption prone environment.
- Excellent critical thinking skills, a great problem solver.
- Ability to work independently, under pressure, and to prioritize deadlines.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills; strong proficiency with writing, editing and proofreading.
- Ability to anticipate next steps, take initiative, exercise discretion, and apply sound judgment.
- Superb follow up skills.
- A high level of experience discreetly handling confidential issues and materials.
- Perform administrative duties with speed and accuracy.
- Perform all job tasks and duties with diplomacy and a professional demeanor and appearance.
- Possess a good memory.
- Punctual and dependable.
- Ability to work non-standard hours, as necessary.
- Familiarity with the workings of local unions/social justice organizations or non-profits a highly desirable plus.
- Valid driver’s license, automobile insurance and a working automobile required.
- Office Skills:
- Strong proficiency with Microsoft Office
- Words Per Minute 60
Compensation: Highly competitive salary and excellent benefits commensurate with experience.
Location: This position is based in Renton, WA.
To Apply: Send résumé and cover letter to Penny Lowry at: firstname.lastname@example.org.
SEIU Healthcare 1199NW is an equal opportunity employer. People of color, women, and LGBTQ individuals are encouraged to apply.
WHEN APPLYING: Be sure to indicate that you saw this information at UNIONJOBS.COM.
Job Posting Courtesy of UnionJobs.com