Two Full-Time Organizers – PEG Project : Louisiana
Two Full-Time Organizers
Based in Baton Rouge, LA
These are full-time positions for Organizers to work on an ongoing organizing campaign in Baton Rouge, LA. Organizers are responsible for a variety of aspects of a campaign including building relationships with workers, recruiting and sustaining membership, developing issues-based organizing plans for assigned areas, and for building and maintaining motivation of organizing committee members and activists. PEG Project is a joint venture with the American Federation of Teachers.
- Willing to work long and irregular hours
- In possession of an insured vehicle and valid driver’s license
- Have strong communication skills
- Be motivated, responsible, organized, professional and detail oriented
- Able to work with individuals different from one’s self and be an effective, collaborative team member
- Able to accept constructive feedback and direction from campaign supervisor
- Dedicated to social and economic justice, and public education
- Experienced in community, student, labor, or environmental activism is a plus for organizer position.
- Union organizing experience is preferred
Applicants must be flexible with regards to geography and/or be willing to relocate. Duties may require extensive travel around the state and possible travel outside the state.
SUMMARY OF DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Organize and mobilize workers
- Attend daily and weekly meetings with supervisors, colleagues, and leaders to discuss progress and plan activities.
- One-on-one visits, site visits, meetings, and other interaction with members and potential members
- Write work plans, reports, and member communications as needed
- Enter assessments and other data collected in a database on a weekly basis
- Occasionally, be assigned to other parts of the state or country as required
- Take directions from supervisor on daily and weekly activities to grow AFT membership and accomplish goals.
SALARY AND BENEFITS:
This position is covered by a collective bargaining agreement. Health benefits, 401k, and vacation are included.
HOW TO APPLY:
Please submit your cover letter and résumé by clicking on the link provided below –
Equal Employment Opportunity and all are encouraged to apply.
WHEN APPLYING: Be sure to indicate that you saw this information at UNIONJOBS.COM.
Job Posting Courtesy of UnionJobs.com