Deputy Chief of Staff : Ontario, Canada
Service Employees International Union
Local 1 Canada
Deputy Chief of Staff
Based in Richmond Hill, Ontario, Canada
125 Mural Street
Richmond Hill, ON, L4B 1M4
Deputy Chief of Staff
SEIU Healthcare is in a moment of change and transition. As an organization, we continue to be committed to creating a diverse, inclusive, transparent and team-oriented environment that is well integrated functionally. In the last several years, we have made remarkable progress. As a result, we have identified the need for someone to provide critical support to the Chief of Staff as a senior strategist and relationship manager to ensure the seamless coordination and communication of organizational priorities, issues and programs. As a proven leader, you know how to lead through respect-based influence rather than authority to form credible partnerships and relationships. You also know how to balance those strategic leadership and influence skills, with the ability to anticipate and respond quickly and appropriately as new opportunities and situations arise.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Develops and implements strategies as directed by the COS to deliver on the vision established by the Executive Officers;
- Works with departments and programs to monitor annual plans, objectives, performance measures and budgetary controls that translates the strategic priorities of the organization into operational reality;
- Works with departments and programs to effectively promote and implement practices, systems and behaviors within the organization that are consistent with the principles of organizational equity and inclusion;
- Acts as the first point of contact for other senior leaders seeking to work with the COS, to assist in strategy, problem solving, process development and fulfillment of deliverables;
- Monitors KPI’s on relevant to areas of responsibility and reports to the COS accordingly;
- Personally, manages special projects on behalf of COS;
- Identifies opportunities to build strategic partnerships across departments, teams, and with external stakeholders to help achieve organizational priorities and objectives;
- Identifies and drives the organizational and cultural changes needed to adapt strategically to changing demands, technology, and internal initiatives;
- Provides timely feedback, instruction, and development guidance to help others excel in their current or future job responsibilities;
- Drives new approaches to improve results by fostering a learning culture.
- Other duties as assigned.
- You have at least five (5) years experience working as an advisor to senior leaders in non-profits/unions, with responsibility for leading the effective operations of the organization;
- Experience with Human Resources, while not required, is highly desirable;
- You have a proven track record working across multi-disciplinary strategic business functions such as operations, finance, technology, communications;
- At SEIU Healthcare, we understand that the best people do not always have the same access and opportunities to education, and while post-secondary education is always preferred, we want to make sure nothing stands in the way of finding the right person.
SKILLS & COMPETENCIES REQUIRED:
- You are a creative, forward-thinking leader with the proven ability to engage, influence, coach and mentor colleagues and other key stakeholders;
- You have strong critical thinking and project management skills;
- You have excellent communication skills, both written and verbal, with the ability to interact effectively with all levels of the organization;
- You can operate with a high level of discretion, judgment, and diplomacy;
- You can remain composed under changing circumstances with limited context;
- You have a combination of aptitude, character, organization, and ambition;
- You possess a high level of integrity given the significant exposure to confidential and sensitive information;
- You are a self-starter, with a strong ability to be self-directed.
- Work evenings and weekends. Work hours will vary to meet the needs of the operation.
- Motor vehicle travel for long distances and on a frequent basis.
- Travel by air and across borders.
- Exposure to medical, healthcare and office facilities.
- Using a computer for long periods of time
- Must be able to lift and transport boxes of paper materials (25lbs) to various meetings
- Sitting for long periods of time
Written applications detailing qualifications and experience should be submitted no later than 4:30PM on June 28th, 2019 to the attention HR@seiuhealthcare.ca.
SEIU Local 1 Canada thanks all applicants for their interest. However, only those considered for an interview will be contacted. SEIU Local 1 Canada is committed to diversity in its workplaces and welcomes applications from all visible minority groups, women, Aboriginal persons, persons with disabilities among other self-identified diverse groups. We also provide accessible employment practices that are in compliance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (‘AODA’). If you require accommodation for a disability during any stage of the recruitment process, please notify Human Resources. Please note that only individuals who are selected for interviews will be contacted. We thank you for considering SEIU.
WHEN APPLYING: Be sure to indicate that you saw this information at UNIONJOBS.COM.
Job Posting Courtesy of UnionJobs.com