Deputy Campaign Director, Rise Up Retail : New York
Organization United for Respect
Deputy Campaign Director
Rise Up Retail
Based in New York, NY
The Organization United for Respect (OUR) is seeking an experienced Deputy Campaign Director to advance campaigns that address the core issues impacting working families counting on jobs in the service economy.
OUR is a national organization building an industry voice of working people working for the country’s largest retail corporations. Through scaled leadership development and base-building, OUR’s growing network is challenging major corporations and policymakers to provide family‐sustaining jobs for all working people. We leverage technology — social media and our digital platform, WorkIt — and bring the retail workforce into a shared community of support and advocacy. Learn more about OUR’s core programs here: OUR Walmart and Rise Up Retail.
- Working in collaboration with OUR’s field and campaigns teams, the Deputy Campaign Director will:
- Advance national and state campaigns that are driven by worker leadership that raise industry standards and educate the public about the need for a fair workweek, higher wages, family leave and more.
- Build a field and campaign program that adapts OUR’s online to field model to advocacy on public policy and across major employers.
- Supervise statewide field organizers who are activating workers in policy and industry change campaigns.
- Collaborate with communications and digital teams to create a pipeline for worker leadership and stories to be amplified online, in the media and for advocacy.
- Work with the Campaigns team to develop strategy, identifying areas for research, legal action and investor engagement.
- At least 5 years of organizing and campaign experience, including supervising a team.
- Experience in public policy advocacy and working in coalition.
- Strong analytical skills, ability to identify policy issues, determine and articulate policy recommendations effectively to a variety of audiences.
- Strong oral and written communication skills, including superior writing, copy editing and proofreading ability.
- Excellent organizational and project management skills, proven ability to multitask, prioritize, problem solve and meet deadlines.
- Experience working collaboratively on teams and coordinating multifaceted projects, an advantage.
- A demonstrated commitment to social and racial justice issues and understanding of challenges facing immigrant communities, communities of color, and low-and moderate income families.
Competitive benefits package provided for full-time employees and eligible dependents, including health, dental, vision, and prescription coverage and 401k. Salary range: $75,000-$80,000.
OUR is an equal opportunity employer with a commitment to equity. People of color, women, and LGBT candidates are encouraged to apply.
WHEN APPLYING: Be sure to indicate that you saw this information at UNIONJOBS.COM.
Job Posting Courtesy of UnionJobs.com