Research and Negotiations Coordinator : New York
SEIU Committee of Interns and Residents (CIR)
Research and Negotiations Coordinator
Based in Long Island City, NY
Title: Research and Negotiations Coordinator
Reports To: David Dashefsky
Location: Corporate; New York
CIR is committed to growing and strengthening our organization through strategic campaigns and securing strong contracts. To accomplish this, we need a highly driven Research and Negotiations Coordinator who has first chair experience at the bargaining table as well as analytical and technical skills necessary to conduct negotiations and support the union’s campaigns. The Research and Negotiations Coordinator is responsible for leading negotiations at assigned tables, preparing the cost-outs, comparisons, and other materials needed to succeed at the table. The Research and Negotiations Coordinator will also be responsible for compiling and analyzing financial, legal and industry data on hospitals, medical schools and the healthcare system. The Research and Negotiations Coordinator educates CIR leaders, staff and allies on their findings to build strategic campaigns involving members, elected officials and other community organizations.
What you gain from a position with CIR:
- Opportunity to lead negotiations with physicians-in-training and gain a first-hand understanding of front line providers in the hospital setting.
- Opportunity to identify and deploy the information to support the union’s overall strategy for growth.
- Opportunity to address policies related to access of affordable quality healthcare.
- Opportunity to support the work of CIR’s policy, new organizing and contract negotiations
- Competitive salary, commensurate with experience.
- Excellent benefits package: health, dental, vision, car allowance, disability, 401(k), pension plan and paid sick/vacation time.
CIR is looking for candidates who have:
- Minimum 4 year degree
- Minimum 5 years combined experience in research and negotiations
- Analytical skills in mathematics and statistics
- Experience in public policy analysis
- Understanding of strategic corporate campaigns
- Experience with quantitative research in a union setting
- Strong communication, organizational and project management skills
- Healthcare experience preferred
- Willingness to work variable and long hours
In addition to your résumé, please include a cover letter that gives us a clear picture of who you are, and why you want to be the Research and Negotiations Coordinator at CIR. Please send your resume and cover letter to: email@example.com, with the Subject Line: Research and Negotiations Coordinator.
CIR is an equal opportunity employer and strongly encourages applications from people of color, persons with disabilities, women, and LGBT applicants.
Please visit our website for more information: www.cirseiu.org.
WHEN APPLYING: Be sure to indicate that you saw this information at UNIONJOBS.COM.
Job Posting Courtesy of UnionJobs.com