Senior Accountant – Accounts Receivable : District of Columbia
United Food and Commercial Workers
Based in Washington, DC
United Food and Commercial Workers International Union (UFCW) is North America’s neighborhood union; standing together to improve the lives and livelihoods of workers, families and communities. Our members work primarily in the retail food, meatpacking, poultry, food processing and manufacturing and retail store industries.
Washington DC, near Metro
The Senior Accountant – Accounts Receivable applies Microsoft SL experience, along with strong accounting skills to analyze financial information, prepare financial reports and complex reconciliations, and provide supervision and training to all members in the Accounts Receivable group.
Must be able to successfully supervise employees, handle multiple accounting functions including financial statements, general ledger control, financial analysis and reporting, new software applications; and oversee a portion of the accounting operation in a confidential environment.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Supervises functions of the Accounts Receivable group which includes 3 clerks.
- Manages the in-house accounting system (Microsoft SL) for the Accounts Receivable group.
- Supervises revenue collection including lockbox receipts.
- Performs accounting functions for government grants.
- Prepares monthly and year-end reconciliations and schedules.
- Prepares bank reconciliations and reports for financial analysis.
- Assists the external auditors.
- Assists with special projects and reports as requested.
- Researches and problem solves.
- Reconciles general ledger accounts.
- Processes returned checks and notifies the payer of outstanding balances.
- Oversees proper accounting for receipts and contributions collected by credit card.
- Assists with monthly per capita statements and delinquency notices mailing.
- Provides back-up to other Senior Accountants (Accounts Payable and Payroll) when needed.
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting.
- 5 years of advanced accounting experience required.
- Recent supervisory experience that includes the ability to move work until it is done.
- Recent Microsoft SL software experience, including FRx.
- Strong written and oral communications skills.
- Strong spreadsheet experience and strong quantitative skills.
- Experience with non-profit organizations.
- Salary commensurate with experience.
- This is a full-time position; posting closes when position is filled.
Submit cover letter, résumé to: http://www.dcjobs.com/j/38876516
*Skills assessments with passing scores are required as part of our pre-employment process.*
UFCW is an equal opportunity employer. Women and people of color are encouraged to apply. Reasonable accommodations will be provided pursuant to the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA).
WHEN APPLYING: Be sure to indicate that you saw this information at UNIONJOBS.COM.
Job Posting Courtesy of UnionJobs.com