Legal Administrative Assistant – Legal Department : Massachusetts
AFSCME Council 93
Legal Administrative Assistant
Based in Boston, MA
Salary: $47,520.60 – $65,507.67
DESCRIPTION: Performs a variety of time sensitive/urgent, high-stakes tasks with attention to detail. Scheduler for attorneys, hearing officers and arbitrators at agencies and courts; working supervisor of another secretary, by ways of instructions and assignments; frequent preparation of timely filings at agencies and courts; maker of case lists and inventories with computer; maintainer of hard copy files. Performs general clerical and secretarial duties. Reports to the General Counsel.
- Responsible for ensuring timely filings
- Schedules legal hearings and enters all information into computerized scheduling system
- Resolves any scheduling issues
- Building/maintaining relationships with field employees, clients and vendors
- Maintains clear, concise and constant communication with field employees regarding scheduling
- Ability to provide direction and instructions to staff
- Ability to understand general directions
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills, both verbal and written
- Implement office procedures to ensure the efficient operation of the Legal Department
- Strong computer skills with working knowledge of Microsoft Office programs
- Ability to prioritize and organize work area and maintain accuracy of work despite multifaceted tasks and interruptions.
- Ability to create reports
- Familiarity with legal forms and high-volume paperwork
- Answers telephone calls and either responds to inquiry or directs caller to appropriate personnel
- Demonstrates a professional attitude and appearance.
DESIRED TRAINING AND EXPERIENCE
- High School Diploma or GED required
- Associates degree or above preferred
- 1 year of office work experience required
- 3 years of experience in a Legal office setting preferred
Interested individuals should send a résumé and cover letter to Executive Administrative Assistant Anna Owen via email: email@example.com, via fax at (617) 367-6018 or via first class mail to 8 Beacon Street, Boston, MA 02108.
WHEN APPLYING: Be sure to indicate that you saw this information at UNIONJOBS.COM.
Job Posting Courtesy of UnionJobs.com