Campaign Coordinator – Connecticut Coalition for Retirement Security : Connecticut
National Public Pension Coalition
Connecticut Coalition for Retirement Security
Based in Connecticut
The Connecticut Coalition for Retirement Security was created by unions representing public employees across the state of Connecticut with the purpose to educate, protect and promote defined benefit public pensions in our state. We are seeking a Campaign Coordinator for 2019. The Campaign Coordinator will report directly to the board of the Connecticut Coalition for Retirement and work closely with our ally organization, the National Public Pension Coalition.
- Continuously set up forums around the state with labor unions and allied organizations educate members and the public.
- Coordinate all rapid response to pension legislation with partners and NPPC.
- Work with the communication team to attract attention and develop a powerful case to protect retirement security, including drafting and placing letters to the editor.
- Maintenance of the retirement security database built of forum attendees and social media contacts.
- Maintenance and promotion of all coalition social media platforms.
- Integrate digital strategies and tactics into the Coalition’s broader advocacy campaign.
- Organizing new leaders into grass-roots spokespeople around the state.
- Support the work of partner unions and engage rank-and-file members in the coalition.
- Communicate continuously with local leadership as designated by the board.
- Assist in the creation and distribution of one-page factsheets on key legislation and relevant information.
- Maintain regularly scheduled communication with the board and NPPC staff.
- Other duties as assigned.
The coordinator is expected to have the following background:
- Bachelor’s degree or combination of education and labor leadership experience.
- At least 2-4 years of non-profit, political campaign or labor leadership experience.
The coordinator is also expected to be able to do the following
- Provide own transportation to events around the state.
- Be a responsive, self-motivated, person with passion and respect for member engagement.
- Maintain a coalition budget and always seek the lowest cost options for all programming and travel costs, using union organized vendors where applicable.
- Have excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Work with leaders with varying interests to build consensus.
- Develop and execute a robust digital media plan to build the brand of the Coalition and enhance member advocacy.
- Compensation is based on experience, this position will operate on a contract basis for six months with the possibility of extension through 2020.
- The duties or expectations may be modified by mutual agreement of the Coalition board and coordinator.
Send résumé and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org by end-of-day on Wednesday, March 6, 2019.
WHEN APPLYING: Be sure to indicate that you saw this information at UNIONJOBS.COM.
Job Posting Courtesy of UnionJobs.com