Data and Digital Strategist : District of Columbia
International Union of Operating Engineers
Data and Digital Strategist
Based in Washington, DC
The International Union of Operating Engineers (IUOE) is seeking a Data and Digital Strategist to work in our Special Projects & Initiatives Department, which provides research and organizing assistance to IUOE Locals throughout the US and Canada. The Data and Digital Strategist will be responsible for a wide variety of databases, social media accounts and websites.
- Manage proprietary and third-party systems, including Salesforce, Action Builder and other services.
- Mine and analyze data, integrate data from a variety of sources and provide strategic recommendations.
- Build cross platform reports and data visualizations, and present data to IUOE and Local staff for use in comprehensive strategic organizing campaigns and other projects.
- Plan and implement online campaigns from start to finish, using the resources at our disposal: micro-sites through digital platforms including websites, email outreach, social media, and new emerging platforms. Assist with writing advocacy emails, blogs, website copy, and social media content.
- A commitment to social justice and a desire to assist working people in struggles to improve the conditions of their working lives. Experience with research, database and spreadsheet programs, and the ability to work in a fast-paced environment. Clear and concise writing skills and the ability to organize and analyze information. Ability to translate technical concepts to “plain English.”
- Extremely reliable and prompt; hours are 8:30 a.m. to 4:15 p.m. Mon-Fri. with occasional long hours and/or travel.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Access and experience with other Office products (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook).
- Basic knowledge of SQL coding and a good eye for data visualization and design.
- Ability to evaluate and make recommendations on a variety of databases, sources and services. Continuously work to improve the Department’s data and digital programs.
SALARY AND BENEFITS:
Salary commensurate with experience. IUOE employees enjoy top notch health care and pension benefits, five weeks of vacation and thirteen paid holidays annually.
Send résumé and cover letter with current salary and salary expectations to: email@example.com.
No phone calls.
WHEN APPLYING: Be sure to indicate that you saw this information at UNIONJOBS.COM.
Job Posting Courtesy of UnionJobs.com