Organizing Director : Missouri
Communication Workers of America, Local 6355
Missouri State Workers Union
Based in St. Louis, MO
This position is responsible for leading and directing all phases of the Local’s organizing program. This position requires someone with significant organizing, strategic campaign development, and supervisory experience.
EXAMPLE OF DUTIES
- Works as part of the union’s senior leadership team to develop and implement long term strategic growth plan
- Supervise organizing staff around organizing campaigns
- Leads planning, strategy, and implementation of all organizing drives
- Develops political and community support for organizing campaigns
- Coordinates work with internal organizing staff and officers who represent current members
- Trains, supports and oversees Organizers • Supervises staff in developing and maintaining organizing committees, including training, guidance, oversight and accountability of staff in performance of their duties
- Coordinate the development of a member organizing committee
- Process organizing petitions and other duties as required
- Works under the supervision of the President or his/her designee.
- Supervises team of organizers.
- Experience leading Public Sector organizing campaigns
- The Organizing Director should have at least five years’ experience –preferably running campaigns in both private and public sectors -and three years supervisory experience
- Candidates should have demonstrated experience with state election laws and hopefully some experience with nontraditional routes to recognition and collective bargaining
- Knowledge of public services, education and foster care
- Experience with supervision, team building and leadership development
- Excellent verbal and written skills
- Experience with organizing databases
- Ability to lead and work with a team
- Excellent organization skills
Salary and Benefits: Salary range is between 40 to low 50’s, depending on experience.
Send résumés to Nastahia Pickens at: firstname.lastname@example.org.
WHEN APPLYING: Be sure to indicate that you saw this information at UNIONJOBS.COM.
Job Posting Courtesy of UnionJobs.com