Administrative-Clerical-Bookkeeping : District of Columbia
Based in Washington, DC
The International Association of Bridge, Structural, Ornamental and Reinforcing Iron Workers Union, AFL-CIO, is a proud trade association whose beginnings go back to the 1890s. We currently represent 120,000 members in North America and we are offering an excellent opportunity to support the cause of this great labor union.
Excellent opportunity in our Apprenticeship & Training Department.
Location: 1750 New York Avenue, NW, Washington, DC 20006 Hours: 8:15 a.m. to 4:15 p.m. M-F
Summary of Job Duties: General administrative duties, including but not limited to typing, basic bookkeeping, filing, handling phone calls, correspondence, etc., and other duties as directed by management.
- Minimum 2 years of office admin experience
- Proficient in computer software: Word, Outlook, Excel, Adobe
- Basic bookkeeping
- Good attendance and punctuality
- Customer service oriented
- Great attention to detail
- Strong Organization skills
- Ability to Multi-task
- Strong communication skills
- Ability to grasp new concepts quickly
- Problem solver, positive attitude
- Ability to work as a team as well as independently
Bookstore: Handle questions regarding online bookstore, assist new customers with bookstore usage, assist with editing training materials, pricing, description, updating inventory
Welding: Process/assist with new welding certifications and re-certifications, assist with phone calls and requests from welders; Process /track ATF Audits
- Process all checks received for payment of Online Book Store orders and from Welding Re-Tests
- Submit checks to GTO personnel for deposit
- Maintain a monthly file of all NTF Deposits including deposit slips and coinciding checks
- Maintain a monthly account of all outstanding account receivables (Bookstore and Welding)
- Send requests for payments on past due invoices
- Receive, verify, process and assemble back up for processing of invoices
- Mail out checks
- Maintain Accounts Payable files
Help with general phone calls, and other duties as required.
Assist as directed with the Apprenticeship and Training Program.
Prepare/assist with large mailings.
Order office materials/supplies.
Assist with weekly rotation – switchboard.
Prepare expense reports.
E-mail your résumé and cover letter to: firstname.lastname@example.org.
The Ironworkers International is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or any other characteristic protected by law.
WHEN APPLYING: Be sure to indicate that you saw this information at UNIONJOBS.COM.
Job Posting Courtesy of UnionJobs.com