Digital Director : District of Columbia
Based in Washington, DC
With 3 million members, Working America mobilizes working people who don’t have the benefit of a union at work to fight for good jobs and a fair economy. As the community affiliate of the AFL-CIO, we unite working people in urban and suburban communities around a shared economic agenda.
The Digital Director is a national headquarters position that oversees all aspects of Working America’s digital program and operations. The Digital Director works closely with Senior Directors to develop a coherent organizational strategy aimed at maximizing campaign goals and objectives. The Digital Director is also responsible for developing and maintaining a digital community of interest among Working America members and advancing Working America’s profile and interests in the digital area.
Reports to: Associate Director
- Oversee all aspects of the development, management, and oversight of Working America’s digital program and operations, including spending optimization;
- Manage Working America’s digital properties including but not limited to websites, email platforms, SMS platforms, social media assets, and digital advertising platforms;
- Direct integration of digital and field canvass campaigns; collaborate with data, analytics, and field operations;
- Analyze and report on organizational and campaign metrics on a regular basis and use the data to make strategic recommendations to improve effectiveness; coordinate with political and programmatic teams to develop, implement, and innovate in-cycle clinical experiments and conduct ongoing analysis with the goal of improving digital campaign design and execution;
- Direct research and development of emerging digital tools and tactics to enhance Working America’s communications strategy; develop strategic opportunities that promote the organizational mission;
- Identify and implement strategies aimed at the growth, cultivation, and retention of Working America membership in the digital sphere;
- Create, implement, and evaluate digital fundraising strategies;
- Effectively recommend on hiring, promoting, discharging, disciplining, evaluating and participating in grievance handling for all Digital staff;
- Directly supervise digital staff;
- Develop and implement trainings and systems for effective roll-out and use of new digital tools; manage standards on digital practices and stay up-to-date on compliance requirements;
- Manage relationships with the digital staff of stakeholders including but not limited to the AFL-CIO, affiliate unions, and like-minded organizations;
- Manage vendor relationships as needed;
- Other duties as assigned.
- 7-10 years of experience managing digital electoral campaigns or political programs;
- Experience with strategic planning and implementation of digital tools to support electoral and issue campaigns including voter contact and GOTV operations;
- Advanced user knowledge of email platforms such as Action Network; SMS platforms such as Mobile Commons and Hustle; Facebook; Google; and other digital platforms and tools;
- Familiarity with the structure and workings of the labor movement and progressive infrastructure;
- Ability to work independently in politically-sensitive and high-pressure environments;
- Ability to manage and direct staff and work across departments;
- Excellent problem-solving and relational skills;
- Strong written and verbal communication skills;
- Ability to travel on a regular basis as needed;
- Must be able to work irregular and long hours.
- Washington, DC
- FLSA classification: Exempt
Starting salary is $100,000. Includes medical insurance and 401(k) with employer contribution.
Working America is an equal opportunity employer.
Please email a résumé and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org, or fax a résumé and cover letter to 202-508-6992.
WHEN APPLYING: Be sure to indicate that you saw this information at UNIONJOBS.COM.
Job Posting Courtesy of UnionJobs.com