Regional Digital Organizer – Fight for $15 and a Union Campaign : North Carolina
National Fast Food Workers Union
Regional Digital Organizer
Fight for $15 and a Union Campaign
Based in Raleigh-Durham, NC
Annual Pay: $48,000/YR
Job Type: Full Time
Reports To: National Digital Director and City Coordinator
Supervises: This position does not supervise staff
The SEIU-NFFWU Regional Digital Organizer coordinates digital communications in a region of the country to promote the union’s narrative and organizing work, and to further the Fast Food Fight for 15 campaign objectives. This includes graphics, video and other rich media components, as deemed strategic. This is a bargaining unit position.
About SEIU NFFWU
SEIU NFFWU is working to expand the movement and deepen the successful fights to raise employment standards and unite workers in organizing their union in the fast food industry through national, state and community campaigns.
SEIU NFFWU is affiliated with the Service Employees International Union (SEIU), which has more than 2 million members in the US, Canada and Puerto Rico. NFFWU is united with those 2.2 million members in a shared belief in the dignity of workers and the value of their work, and in a commitment to a more just and humane society.
(Any one position may not include all of the specific duties and responsibilities listed. Examples provide a general summary of the work required and should not be treated as a total and complete list of expected duties to be performed by employees in the classification.)
- Regional Digital Media
- Responsible for coordinating narrative content collection with field directors and partners.
- Organizes live event coverage for regional/national days of action. This may include recruitment, training and the review of live content to ensure message and legal discipline is being employed.
- Devises regional social media strategy and goals as part of the union’s overall digital communications strategy.
- Manages implementation of regional organizing social media efforts.
- Manages development of regional digital strategies for campaigns and projects to ensure that they advance both individual project goals and the union’s overarching goals and strategic direction.
- Manages creation of regional digital content
- Provides trainings for staff and fast food worker leaders
- Serves as a contact for regional digital communications with allies, partners, and vendors.
- Manages regional event digital communications – strategy, message, look and feel, materials, marketing, outreach, various technologies and social media.
- Performs other duties as assigned in support of promoting digital work.
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in communications or related field, with a minimum of 3-5 years of experience of related work experience or a combination of education and experience.
- Experience developing and implementing strategy on a wide range of campaigns, including organizing, contract, political, and legislative, as well as experience working with community allies.
- Thorough knowledge of digital strategies, including list-building on various platforms, online advertising techniques, web content management, multivariate testing to optimize results, and online organizing.
- Thorough knowledge of electronic media systems. Knowledge of advertising techniques and familiarity with all aspects of literature, audiovisual and online production process required.
- Excellent writing, verbal, and analytical skills.
- Demonstrated capacity to continuously develop knowledge and skills related to use of rapidly changing technology.
- Knowledge of unions or other advocacy organizations.
- Must have demonstrated ability to manage own work and work of others without supervision.
- Requires a high level of judgment and ability to take initiative and work independently.
- Must be able to act and organize time with extreme independence.
- Must be able to handle multiple “priority” projects simultaneously and set and meet deadlines, and ensure that staff team does the same.
- Skill in the use of personal computer including Microsoft Office Suite.
- Ability to write and proofread Spanish desired.
Work is generally performed in an office setting, but job may require work in the field or in other settings to perform the tasks required to complete assignments. Must be available for frequent travel with overnight stays and able to work long and irregular hours.
SEIU NFFWU staff enjoys top notch benefits including comprehensive health benefits, major medical, dental and vision for employee and eligible dependents, competitive salaries, generous holiday and vacation policies, and a 401(K) Plan.
SEIU NFFWU is an Equal Opportunity employer that values and respects the diversity of its staff. Women and people of color are encouraged to apply.
Apply Here: http://www.Click2apply.net/2r92c794k8chkdd2
WHEN APPLYING: Be sure to indicate that you saw this information at UNIONJOBS.COM.
Job Posting Courtesy of UnionJobs.com