Census 2020 Program Manager : California
Working Partnerships USA
Census 2020 Program Manager
Based in San Jose, CA
The Organization: Founded in 1995, Working Partnerships USA is a community organization bringing together the power of grassroots organizing and public policy innovation to drive the movement for a just economy. We build the capacity of workers, low-income neighborhoods and communities of color to lead and govern. Based in Silicon Valley, we tackle the root causes of inequality and poverty by leading collaborative campaigns for quality jobs, healthy communities, equitable development, and a democracy that works.
Position Summary: Working Partnerships USA seeks an enthusiastic, hard-working Census Program Manager to oversee our Census program. We are committed to a complete count in Santa Clara County to fund the programs our communities rely on and insure a fair democracy that works for all of us. This is a temporary project-based position tied to Census 2020.
The ideal candidate will have experience with civic engagement and a demonstrated commitment to social justice and equity for low-income and immigrant communities and communities of color. The Census Program Manager will need to be a confident leader as well as an on-the-ground organizer with the ability to develop and maintain relationships with other civic organizations, and run successful field campaigns with large teams. The ideal candidate is detail-oriented and relentless in pursuing campaign goals.
Reporting to the Director of Organizing and Civic Engagement and working closely with other local and state organizations, the Census Program Manager is responsible for implementing our Census 2020 coalition and organizing campaigns and programs.
Primary Roles & Responsibilities:
- Develop long- and short-term organizing strategies and goals with active support and input from supervisor.
- Recruit, train, and develop leaders to educate and move our communities to participate in Census 2020 and ensure overall organizational goals are met.
- Lead and manage a coalition of organizations to meet a County-wide participation goal.
- Manage, track and analyze data to inform campaign planning.
- Manage the hiring, training, supervision and pacing of paid canvassers as needed.
- Develop materials including talking points, flyers, fact sheets, etc.
- Perform other duties as required to support the work of the organization as a whole.
- Commitment to social, racial, economic, environmental, and gender justice
- Demonstrated experience leading electoral organizing campaigns, and union or community organizing experience a plus
- Ability to work nights and weekends regularly as needed
- Strong work ethic and personal commitment to excellence
- Willingness to learn, be flexible and ability to work well with others
- Three years of previous campaign, union or community organizing experience
- Multitasking and attention to details while managing and meeting timelines
- Valid driver’s license and reliable vehicle
- Excellent interpersonal, written and verbal communications skills
- Demonstrated ability to work well under pressure
- Respect for people from all walks of life
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite and experience using databases (NationBuilder) preferred
- Bilingual Spanish or Vietnamese strongly preferred
Compensation and Location: This position is based in San Jose, CA. Annual salary range from $60,000 to $65,000 and will be based on experience. Generous benefits package including full family health, dental, and vision insurance; paid vacations and holiday leave; and 401(k). This is a project-based full-time, exempt position and an excellent opportunity for those seeking career advancement over time.
Résumés: Please submit résumé with cover letter by email to: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Working Partnerships USA is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. People of color, women, LGBTQ, and local residents are strongly encouraged to apply.
WHEN APPLYING: Be sure to indicate that you saw this information at UNIONJOBS.COM.
Job Posting Courtesy of UnionJobs.com