Project Organizer – Northeast Regional Organizing Project : Massachusetts
Northeast Regional Organizing Project
Based in Boston, MA
This is a full-time position for the Northeast Regional Organizing Project. Applicants will work on important Boston-based organizing campaigns with the Boston Teachers Union. Organizers are responsible for all aspects of a campaign including building relationships with workers, developing issues-based organizing plans for assigned areas, and increasing and sustaining motivation of organizing committee and activists. This project is a joint venture with the American Federation of Teachers.
- Knowledge, experience and background indicating capabilities in organizing.
- Demonstrated commitment to empower workers through the labor movement.
- At least 1 year of previous labor and/or community organizing.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Willingness to take direction and work in a team.
- Demonstrated interpersonal skills and leadership abilities.
- Willingness to work nights and weekends as required.
- Competency in common office and communications software and technology.
- Able to participate in blitz activity that may be in a location other than the home assignment.
- In possession of an email and text-capable mobile phone.
- Applicants must be flexible with regards to geography/be willing to relocate.
- The ideal candidate will be available to start immediately.
Summary of Duties and Responsibilities:
- Organize and mobilize workers
- Participate in daily and weekly meetings to discuss progress and plan activities
- One-on-one visits, site visits, meetings, and other interaction with potential members
- Identify and develop new leaders and activists
- Organize and facilitate meetings
- Create communication pieces including flyers, emails and social media
- Record assessments and other data collected on a daily basis
- Take direction on daily and weekly activities to grow membership and accomplish goals
Salary and Benefits:
This position is covered by a collective bargaining agreement. Health benefits, 401k and vacation are included.
How to Apply:
Please submit cover letter and résumé by clicking on the link provided below:
Review of applications will begin immediately and will continue until the position is filled.
Equal Employment Opportunity and all are encouraged to apply.
WHEN APPLYING: Be sure to indicate that you saw this information at UNIONJOBS.COM.
Job Posting Courtesy of UnionJobs.com