TWR Field Coordinator : District of Columbia
TWR Field Coordinator
Based in Washington, DC
Annual Pay: $84,466/YR
Purpose: To provide support and programmatic assistance to local unions in order to meet their goals of recruiting and recommitting union members to win on all union priorities, and to support the transformation of locals to unions that can thrive in any environment.
- Work directly with local unions to develop approaches to maintaining and growing their member density, expanding their political reach, and modernizing their systems and practices.
- Work with local unions to meet the 2020 TWR goals on contract campaigns, new member experience, and political strength.
- Test ideas and share proven strategies that serve as the model for member engagement and leadership development.
- Coach and mentor local union staff as needed.
- Assess the organizational development needs of local unions and make available IU resources for locals to access
- Perform other duties as required to support the program’s
The Together We Rise Oversight Committee; SEIU Local leaders, staff and members; International union staff and departments.
Direction and Decision Making:
This position reports to the Together We Rise field leads.
At least 5 years of experience demonstrating progressively greater responsibility in a union, political or issue-driven environment; 3 years of experience in developing members and staff leaders, implementing and evaluating programs; organizing in a union, political, or community context.
Physical Requirements: This position will require work in other settings conducive to performing the tasks required to complete assignments. Travel and work beyond traditional business hours is required
A résumé is required for all applications and a cover letter is highly suggested. Your cover letter should explain your reason for wanting to work for SEIU, an example of how you demonstrated success in a similar position and a description of how this position fits into your long-term career plan.
SEIU staff enjoy top notch benefits including comprehensive health benefits, major medical, dental and vision for employee and eligible dependents, domestic partner benefits, competitive salaries, generous holidays and vacation policies, and both a pension plan and a 401(K) Plan.
SEIU is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Apply Here: https://www.click2apply.net/fg69ttgsn6b4pkmb
WHEN APPLYING: Be sure to indicate that you saw this information at UNIONJOBS.COM.
Job Posting Courtesy of UnionJobs.com