Meeting Planner Analyst – Meetings & Travel Department : California
SEIU UHW West
United Healthcare Workers West
Meeting Planner Analyst
Meetings & Travel Department
Based in Oakland, CA
Classification: Full-time, Exempt
SEIU United Healthcare Workers-West (UHW) is one of the largest healthcare unions in California. We are caregivers from every sector of the industry, united to win better care for our patients and better lives for our families and ourselves. For further information about UHW, please visit our website: www.seiu-uhw.org.
We are seeking an individual to join the Meetings & Travel Department of this dynamic and fast-paced organization. We are looking for someone who can hit the ground running in providing meeting planning and data analytical support for the multiple relational databases SEIU-UHW uses, as well as assist in the coordination of the union-wide meetings and events, including conventions, meetings, conferences, summits and other activities requiring meeting logistics and travel. This position is based in our Oakland office and reports to the Meetings & Travel Coordinator.
Major Areas of Responsibility
(Any one position may not include all the specific duties and responsibilities listed. Examples provide a general summary of the work required and should not be treated as a total and complete list of expected duties to be performed by employees in the classification.)
- Pulls, analyzes and compiles Cvent, Salesforce, and Concur reports
- Writes queries and creates reports
- Creates, updates and maintains databases including, event timelines, show flow, membership and Executive Board tracking
- Assists the Meetings & Travel Coordinator in meeting and travel issues for union-wide events and meetings
- Attends and participates in weekly and monthly meetings of Department Staff, assisting in agenda preparation, taking and distributing minutes, and follow up work from meetings
- Monitors union-wide meeting and calendar management system
- Works on special projects as assigned by immediate supervisor
- Acts as online booking site Administrator and event registration website design
- Sends out online invitation through Cvent
- Follows up on online registration
- Provides registration support by telephone/email
- Sends out confirmation email through Cvent
- Tracks and processes all changes, including updating hotel confirmation numbers and cancellation numbers, room name changes
- Provides reports such as: rooming, participants list, ground transportation, group air, arrival and departure, food and beverage, translation etc.
- Monitors compliance with meeting and travel policies
- Assists in contract negotiations with vendors and in contract management
- Works with vendors and UHW divisions/departments in coordinating and implementing meetings
- Supports Director of Operations and Meetings and Travel Coordinator with data analysis and reporting
- Performs other duties as required to support the department and its mission
Experience and Skills
Graduation from an accredited four-year college or university with a BA in Liberal Arts or BS in Information Science and at least two (2) years of meeting planning experience, experience negotiating with major vendors and managing contracts and experience working in a non-profit environment and / or a combination of education and experience that would provide for the following knowledge, skills and abilities:
- 3+ years’ experience in MS Access writing queries
- Advanced skills and experience in Microsoft Excel
- Knowledge of meeting planning policies and procedures.
- Knowledge of budget management and preparation.
- Ability to, coordinate multiple projects and meet established timelines.
- Ability to communicate effectively, both orally and in writing; ability to make presentations.
- Skill in the use of personal computers including the use of budget, projects management, meeting and presentation software.
- Strong analytic and problem-solving skills
- Self-motivated with ability to work independently and as a team lead on projects
- Wide range of experience in different industries and environments is highly desirable
- Experience in union or another nonprofit environment particularly valuable
- Interest in and commitment to progressive social change
- Qualified applicants must be able to balance multiple demands, be comfortable with aggressive timelines, and quickly change directions when priorities shift.
- Work is generally performed in an office setting
- Long and extended hours
- Frequent travel
- Valid driver’s license required
- Able to sit at the computer for up to two hours at a time
- Able to bend, sit, stand and stoop
- Able to lift to ten pounds
- SEIU-UHW offers a competitive salary, commensurate with experience, and a generous benefit package.
SEIU-UHW is an affirmative action employer and encourages applications from all qualified candidates regardless of gender, race, ethnicity, age, sexual orientation, marital status, religion, or disability.
So, are you ready? If yes, bring you passion and expertise our way and apply now!
Please submit cover letter, résumé and at least 3 references to our candidate portal at: http://seiuunitedhealthcareworkers.appone.com/.
Service Employees International Union-United Healthcare Workers West (SEIU-UHW) is one of the largest unions of hospital workers in the western United States, with 90,000 members. Our members are frontline caregivers, including respiratory care practitioners, dietary, environmental services and nursing staff who keep Californians healthy. We live and work throughout California: from the Bay Area to Sacramento and Los Angeles to the Central Valley. Our union of healthcare workers is driven to improve the healthcare system. Our mission is to provide quality care for all patients, expand access to excellent, affordable healthcare for all Californians and improve living standards for all workers. The majority of SEIU-UHW members work in the state’s largest private sector hospitals and clinics, including Kaiser Permanente, Dignity Health, Sutter Health, Tenet, Prime Healthcare and Verity Health.
WHEN APPLYING: Be sure to indicate that you saw this information at UNIONJOBS.COM.
Job Posting Courtesy of UnionJobs.com