UniServ Director – Des Moines Education Association : Iowa
Iowa State Education Association
Des Moines Education Association
Based in Des Moines, IA
UniServ Director servicing the Des Moines Education Association
STAFF RELATIONSHIP: Responsible to the Associate Executive Director
LOCATION: Des Moines Regional Office
CLOSING DATE: June 24, 2019
Interested candidates should send a résumé, cover letter and references to: Roni Swift, ISEA, 777 3rd Street, Des Moines, IA 50309 or electronically to: firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Acts as the primary liaison and broker for informational resources, including the use of special consultants and specialists, for local affiliates and the UniServ unit.
- Promotes membership in the organization.
- Works to strengthen the effectiveness of local affiliates and the UniServ unit through training at the local, unit and state level.
- Coordinates UniServ unit activities in statewide ISEA/NEA programs and/or projects.
- Develops and implements training at the local, unit and state levels as arranged with other staff responsible for program planning and/or utilizes ISEA resources in such activities as needed.
- Serves as individual member advocate for member needs; serves as local affiliate advocate.
- Serves as a bargaining consultant for each local association bargaining team.
- Assists in activities of the ISEA and the NEA as required by the UniServ Agreement and/or the State UniServ Coordinator.
- Maintains a professional and appropriate environment in the unit office.
- Assists specialists in legislative and political activity as needed.
- Provides accurate and timely communications with the UniServ Unit and local associations.
- Prepares and conducts interest and grievance arbitration hearings as needed.
WHEN APPLYING: Be sure to indicate that you saw this information at UNIONJOBS.COM.
Job Posting Courtesy of UnionJobs.com