Administrative Assistant : District of Columbia, Maryland
Plumbers & Gasfitters UA Local 5
Based in Lanham, MD
Position: Administrative Assistant
Salary: To be determined
Location: 5000 Forbes Blvd, Lanham, MD 20706
Hours: Monday to Friday 8 am – 4 pm, with occasional after hours and weekend events
- Provide administrative support to Office Administrator, Training Director.
- Screen phone calls and visitors and then connect them with the correct representative.
- answering phones, copying, faxes, sorting mail and maintaining supplies, scan and upload files to student data base.
- Maintain and coordinate schedules for training instructors and students
- Maintain confidential and/or sensitive information
- Maintain membership database
- Make meeting arrangements and preparations for the organization, including preparing material packets prior to scheduled meetings;
- Perform other duties as required to support the Training Facility and its mission.
- Two to four years providing administrative office support for senior level staff.
- Self-motivated, ability to work independently with minimal supervision, extremely well organized with attention to detail, high retention to task learned, problem solve, and manage multiple priorities
- Experience with current computer systems, operating systems and software, including Microsoft Office Professional suite, (Word, Excel, Access, Outlook and PowerPoint), type 55-60 words per minute
- Ability to work under stressful situations in an acceptable manner.
- Excellent professional phone manner, strong written and oral communication skills
- Bilingual a plus
- Knowledge of Trade Labor Unions a plus
Please send résumés and cover letters to:
Plumbers & Gasfitters UA Local 5 Training Facility
5000 Forbes Blvd.
Lanham, MD 20706
WHEN APPLYING: Be sure to indicate that you saw this information at UNIONJOBS.COM.
Job Posting Courtesy of UnionJobs.com